Member Facilities - Cannot Login

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
JeremyP

Member Facilities - Cannot Login

Post by JeremyP » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:05 pm

Hi,

Since yesterday (have only been trying since yesterday) i have been unable to login to the Member Facilities.

When trying to login, i simply receive a blank white page with text "Rate limit on logins exceeded. Please try again later."

I have left it hours between login attempts, and still receive the same error.

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Member Facilities - Cannot Login

Post by Gidget » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:12 pm

Try clearing the Exetel cookies in your browser, they sometimes go stale.
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

JeremyP

Post by JeremyP » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:24 pm

Gidget wrote:Try clearing the Exetel cookies in your browser, they sometimes go stale.
This is occurring across multiple browsers on my laptop, my phone and my tablet, even after clearing the cookies.

This is also occurring for others according to other Whirlpool forums - http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... ?t=2395200

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:36 pm

JeremyP wrote:
Gidget wrote:Try clearing the Exetel cookies in your browser, they sometimes go stale.
This is occurring across multiple browsers on my laptop, my phone and my tablet, even after clearing the cookies.

This is also occurring for others according to other Whirlpool forums - http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... ?t=2395200
I have tested according to your logins and it is successfully logged in without an error.

JeremyP

Post by JeremyP » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:38 pm

This is clearly an issue more than just affecting myself, can this please be looked at.

None of my passwords have changed, and no matter which browser is used, the error message is identical.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:43 pm

JeremyP wrote:This is clearly an issue more than just affecting myself, can this please be looked at.

None of my passwords have changed, and no matter which browser is used, the error message is identical.
Username - Have you tested using the @nsw.exetel.com.au or just the service number?

JeremyP

Post by JeremyP » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:44 pm

I've tested using both, though i've never ever been able to login using the @nsw.exetel.com.au to the Member Facilities.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:48 pm

JeremyP wrote:I've tested using both, though i've never ever been able to login using the @nsw.exetel.com.au to the Member Facilities.
In that case you seems to be having a different issue which is not related to the issue which we had last week as discussed via http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... ?t=2395200

I will check your issue with our developing team and get back to you on this.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:12 pm

KavindaS wrote:
JeremyP wrote:I've tested using both, though i've never ever been able to login using the @nsw.exetel.com.au to the Member Facilities.
In that case you seems to be having a different issue which is not related to the issue which we had last week as discussed via http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... ?t=2395200

I will check your issue with our developing team and get back to you on this.
Our developers cannot determine any issues from our end. When you test this using your mobile, was it using the ADSL wifi connection or the mobile data? Check using the mobile data and if the issue persists, contact our support department via 0280301000 / 1300788141 as we may need to check using a remote session.

JeremyP

Post by JeremyP » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:17 pm

When testing using wireless using my Exetel ADSL connection, it fails.

When i turn off wifi and use Optus mobile data, it logs in fine.

Same thing occurs if i tether my laptop to my phone and access the site that way.

This must mean, the issue is related to either my IP or how the site functions when using non-Exetel IP.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:25 pm

JeremyP wrote:When testing using wireless using my Exetel ADSL connection, it fails.

Same thing occurs if i tether my laptop to my phone and access the site that way.

This must mean, the issue is related to either my IP or how the site functions when using non-Exetel IP.
That is exactly what I thought. Let me further check with them and get back to you.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:49 pm

KavindaS wrote:
JeremyP wrote:When testing using wireless using my Exetel ADSL connection, it fails.

That is exactly what I thought. Let me further check with them and get back to you.
As per to the phone conversation, your Ticket ID: 9035361. According to the testings we have done, it is confirmed that the issue is IP related. change your modem configurations with the previous logins and I will assign the service number back to the member username later. Let me further check and get back to you on this.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:26 pm

KavindaS wrote:
KavindaS wrote:

As per to the phone conversation, your Ticket ID: 9035361. According to the testings we have done, it is confirmed that the issue is IP related. change your modem configurations with the previous logins and I will assign the service number back to the member username later. Let me further check and get back to you on this.
Hi Jeremy,

Could you please re check the member access and confirm to me. If you still get the same issue, allow next 24 hours without a single attempt from your end as it requires to be released automatically.