residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Help improve Exetel's services (a Suggestion Box is also available in your member facilities)
nylon

residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Post by nylon » Mon May 04, 2015 12:23 pm

I have posted help requests on three occasions to this supposed support venue.
I have received automated replies with ticket numbers, but absolutely no follow-up!

Does anyone actually monitor that email address?

For what it's worth - two recent ticket numbers were 9053445 (5 days old) and 9064722 (2 days old)

angelos
Exetel Staff

Re: residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Post by angelos » Mon May 04, 2015 12:45 pm

nylon wrote:I have posted help requests on three occasions to this supposed support venue.
I have received automated replies with ticket numbers, but absolutely no follow-up!

For what it's worth - two recent ticket numbers were 9053445 (5 days old) and 9064722 (2 days old)
Due to the recent issues with mass service disruptions, we are seeing a very large number of requests and inquiries coming in which has created a backlog and as such there are delays in responding to these emails.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. We will look at these ticket numbers you have posted and get back to you.

IanS

Post by IanS » Mon May 04, 2015 4:57 pm

Same here with friends at Coal Point... After doing the usual isolation test, tried a known working spare modem & still unable to connect, I logged a fault ticket around 5:30pm on ANZAC day. After no real reply (we got the automated B.S. email) after 4 days I emailed complaints@exetel.com.au & got a reply back. We carried out the tasks requested in the email & replied back last Friday afternoon.

Still no response from Exetel & my friends have come back to me for help. Told them to phone up and "let them have both barrels" as they've had no internet for 14 days (they're connected to a DSLAM, but can't connect). I've advised my friends if they're not satisfied with the response from their phone call, to call the TIO & I'll find them another internet provider, one that actually has some backup.

John Linton would be turning in his grave, to see the current state of Exetel.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon May 04, 2015 5:28 pm

IanS wrote:Same here with friends at Coal Point... After doing the usual isolation test, tried a known working spare modem & still unable to connect, I logged a fault ticket around 5:30pm on ANZAC day. After no real reply (we got the automated B.S. email) after 4 days I emailed complaints@exetel.com.au & got a reply back. We carried out the tasks requested in the email & replied back last Friday afternoon.

Still no response from Exetel & my friends have come back to me for help. Told them to phone up and "let them have both barrels" as they've had no internet for 14 days (they're connected to a DSLAM, but can't connect). I've advised my friends if they're not satisfied with the response from their phone call, to call the TIO & I'll find them another internet provider, one that actually has some backup.

John Linton would be turning in his grave, to see the current state of Exetel.
You do know that most of Australia was just inundated with water right? Some clients, regardless of ISP have been down since, and we are doing everything possible to fix them, along with Telstra Wholesale and our other partners.

I believe my father would be happy with the attention we are providing our clients after the biggest deluge in Exetel's history, but of course are sorry for the delay in reply to answering every support request.

p.s. a MSD, Mass Service Disruption has been declared for many parts of Australia, and the TIO cannot help in areas where an MSD has been declared.

IanS

Post by IanS » Mon May 04, 2015 6:43 pm

Yes I realise there are mass disruptions due to the storms, BUT, it shouldn’t take 4 days & and email to complaints to just to get the first response.

I’ve already done the usual diagnostics, to try to free up your help desk staff as much as possible. My friends have a perfectly clear PSNT service, the modem has synced to the exchange, and it’s reporting “attempting to connect”. So to me it seems like their modem can’t reach you radius server for authentication, otherwise it would be reporting back “authentication failure”. I’ve even tried a known working modem, with the same response.

If you actually communicate to your customers, they’ll cut you some slack, but not to reply, is just like leaving the phone off the hook – is anyone home?

Which brings me to more friends at Rutherford, they moved house & I was asked to arrange the phone & internet. As they were already an Exetel MBB customer, I applied for a new ADSL, PSTN & ExeFone service. A week later everything was connected & they received usual email with all the logon details. Interesting fact that they were automatically allocated a Sydney VoIP number, not real practical when you live in the Newcastle area. To make it even more interesting was that the service number & password were transposed in the email. To the non-technically minded, they wouldn’t of had a hope in hell to get it to work.

Anyway I ordered a Newcastle VoIP service from the user facilities, received the notification email listing the VoIP number with no password – another call to the help desk, had the right detailes emailed to the nominated email address.

Once setup, I phoned the help desk again to have the Sydney DID cancelled and the “ExeFone” plan moved to the Newcastle DID. I was told to “either email the request or to lodge a help desk ticket with the request” I logged a help desk ticked & listed clearly what we needed done...

“Hi Support

We've just had a PSTN & ADSL service activated on service # 02 4932 xxxx. During this process we were allocated an ExeFone service 02 8373 xxxx. This number is unsuitable as it's a Sydney number & we're in the Newcastle area.

I've activated a new VoIP service (02 4017 xxxx), but it's on a R5 plan. Can you please cancel the 02 8373 xxxx VoIP service and change the plan on 02 4017 xxxx from R5 to the ExeFone plan.

Thank you”

The reply back from Exetel...

“Dear V,

You should clarify this with our sales department.

I will forward your query to our sales team. They advise you.

If you require further information please contact our sales team on: (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141/ option 1

Regards,”

Now once all of that was sorted I cancelled their MBB plan on the 25/3/15 & the earliest it could be cancelled was 26/4/15. We accepted that. They received a credit from the cancellation date to the end of the billing period. The following bill they were charged another $49.90 for MBB from 1/5/15 to 31/5/15. Once again it took until 30/4/15 for the credit & now that the credit has come through, they cannot view their invoices from the user facilities.

James, have you ever watched Undercover Boss? Really you should go undercover to “experience” the frustration that your customers are experiencing

Maybe it's just that I oversee several accounts, that total 12 ADSL, 5 PSTN, 9 VoIP, 2 MBB, 2 Mobile & 2 hosting services, and that I've been an Exetel customer since July 2004, that I have high expectations.

PM me if you want ticket numbers & emails for verification

nylon

Post by nylon » Tue May 12, 2015 2:32 pm

angelos wrote:
nylon wrote:I have posted help requests on three occasions to this supposed support venue.
Due to the recent issues with mass service disruptions, we are seeing a very large number of requests and inquiries coming in which has created a backlog and as such there are delays in responding to these emails.
Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. We will look at these ticket numbers you have posted and get back to you.
Yeah - someone got back to me asking for an isolation test and wanted me to phone Sydney! I am not going to do that when email is instant and free - and I hate sitting on hold for ages waiting to be served.

So I replied to their request VIA THE RESIDENTIALSUPPORT email address saying I'd disconnect my modem and phone for 2 hours for them to do their test.
Bit of a joke, really.
No reply, as expected, and it's been 8 days.
I bet my email reply is still floating in the ether...

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Tue May 12, 2015 2:43 pm

It would be worth giving the team a call, we have made significant improvements to our support recently, and there is currently no queue; http://www.exetel.com.au/contactus