New Bundled ADSL/Wire Line/Mobile Plans

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
chewychewy

Re: New Bundled ADSL/Wire Line/Mobile Plans

Post by chewychewy » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:46 pm

While I fully understand that ISP's have pressures on their business to stay profitable and that they don't run a charity I can't fathom how automatically slugging their current customers with a new package that they neither need nor want that is sub standard in the market place and a hefty increase anyway is the way to stay in business for very long. I sure hope they know what they're doing. Actually I don't give a rats cause I'll be with a different ISP.

walleke135

Post by walleke135 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:49 pm

I too was shocked to receive the email with the 35% price rise for a lesser plan. From 100 Gb to 50peak/50 off peak.
I have been a loyal Exetel customer for many many years. My highest monthly usage was less than 60 Gb. A lot less than the 100 Gb I paid for but definitely more that the 30 Gb plan also on offer for a price higher than what I pay now.
This price rise is too much for me to accept. I will be looking into changing providers. Am very unhappy with what I think is a bad executive decision.

Often we feel that it is hard to change, we happily use the Exetel email address(es) for years and think that change is difficult. Guess what .. I think this is refreshing!
I am appalled to see that new customers are being pulled in on a $45 monthly plan for 100 Gb = 50/50 which includes phone line.
Unless Exetel changes the current offer to a more decent price (5% rise I am willing to follow) I will no longer be an Exetel customer.

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:46 pm

walleke135 wrote:I too was shocked to receive the email with the 35% price rise for a lesser plan. From 100 Gb to 50peak/50 off peak.
I have been a loyal Exetel customer for many many years. My highest monthly usage was less than 60 Gb. A lot less than the 100 Gb I paid for but definitely more that the 30 Gb plan also on offer for a price higher than what I pay now.
This price rise is too much for me to accept. I will be looking into changing providers. Am very unhappy with what I think is a bad executive decision.

Often we feel that it is hard to change, we happily use the Exetel email address(es) for years and think that change is difficult. Guess what .. I think this is refreshing!
I am appalled to see that new customers are being pulled in on a $45 monthly plan for 100 Gb = 50/50 which includes phone line.
Unless Exetel changes the current offer to a more decent price (5% rise I am willing to follow) I will no longer be an Exetel customer.
Hi Walleke,

Plans we offer to new customers are not any different from what we have offered you. It's just that pricing depends on the supplier equipment available at your local telephone exchange. If you could run an SQ check for your telephone number here:http://www.exetel.com.au/broadband/adsl, you'll be able to see the pricing for new customers connected to your exchange.

It's not easy to see customers go. However, at this point in time, certain decisions have to be made by us due to commercial reasons.

Regards,
Remosha

walleke135

Post by walleke135 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:56 pm

remosha wrote: Plans we offer to new customers are not any different from what we have offered you. It's just that pricing depends on the supplier equipment available at your local telephone exchange. If you could run an SQ check for your telephone number here:http://www.exetel.com.au/broadband/adsl, you'll be able to see the pricing for new customers connected to your exchange.

It's not easy to see customers go. However, at this point in time, certain decisions have to be made by us due to commercial reasons.

Regards,
Remosha
the exetel homepage still shows 100Gb adsl2+ and phoneline for $45 ... once you go to the next page the see the new high price :(

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:44 am

walleke135 wrote:
remosha wrote: Plans we offer to new customers are not any different from what we have offered you. It's just that pricing depends on the supplier equipment available at your local telephone exchange. If you could run an SQ check for your telephone number here:http://www.exetel.com.au/broadband/adsl, you'll be able to see the pricing for new customers connected to your exchange.

Regards,
Remosha
the exetel homepage still shows 100Gb adsl2+ and phoneline for $45 ... once you go to the next page the see the new high price :(
Hi Walleke,

We use Telstra and Optus equipment to service our customers. Optus based plans are less expensive than Telstra. The reason for the higher price is because you are serviced through a Telstra Regional Exchange.

Regards,
Remosha

mart

Post by mart » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:30 pm

Just read the email, 7 good years, I've endured a few arrogant plan changes, but this one takes the cake, the difference is this time I can clearly get a better deal elsewhere.

Bye bye exetel

oldie1954

Post by oldie1954 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:31 pm

Yabbie wrote:
drooee wrote:So...

Recommendations, anyone?
NetCube. I signed up today.
Logitel (500GB and calls) or Spintel (200GB and calls), or MNF (200GB) & VOIP (calls).

Yabbie

Post by Yabbie » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:02 am

How do you cancel your service?

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:11 am

Yabbie wrote:How do you cancel your service?
You may call Exetel on 1300788141 or 0280301000 and request to cancel your service.

Yabbie

Post by Yabbie » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:17 am

angelos wrote:
You may call Exetel on 1300788141 or 0280301000 and request to cancel your service.
Just tried both numbers. Apparently after 9am is "out of business hours". WTF?

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:27 am

Yabbie wrote:
angelos wrote:
Just tried both numbers. Apparently after 9am is "out of business hours". WTF?
Well... We are open from 8.30am - 11.00pm AEST

Select option 1 or 2 after dialing in. The cancellation team will not be available till 10.30am AEST but you may speak to the other teams who are still able to assist you with this.

oldie1954

Post by oldie1954 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:54 am

Hi,
If you're transferring to another ISP, you don't need to cancel, they should do it for you. Otherwise you have to give 30 days notice. You should get back pro-rata if you change. Section 12.7/12.8, T&C.

Also, If you remove your direct debit they can't take any more money, learnt from past c/o! :D

I've just changed to Spintel. Hoping to not have any problems like I did, with PeopleTelecom when I moved to Exetel, in 2008.

Good luck!

Yabbie

Post by Yabbie » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:56 am

oldie1954 wrote:Hi,
If you're transferring to another ISP, you don't need to cancel, they should do it for you. Otherwise you have to give 30 days notice. You should get back pro-rata if you change. Section 12.7/12.8, T&C.

Also, If you remove your direct debit they can't take any more money, learnt from past c/o! :D

I've just changed to Spintel. Hoping to not have any problems like I did, with PeopleTelecom when I moved to Exetel, in 2008.

Good luck!
Thanks Oldie1954,

I suspected everything had been cancelled, but I wanted to be sure, so I put in a cancellation.

I just hope now, that Exetel won't (somehow) be able to cancel my service with NetCube since they have my address details etc.

oldie1954

Post by oldie1954 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:09 pm

Yabbie wrote:Thanks Oldie1954,

I suspected everything had been cancelled, but I wanted to be sure, so I put in a cancellation.

I just hope now, that Exetel won't (somehow) be able to cancel my service with NetCube since they have my address details etc.
As long as you've already got service from NetCube it should be OK.

Be embarrassing for Exetel to cut you off before that.

Yabbie

Post by Yabbie » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:11 pm

oldie1954 wrote:
Yabbie wrote:Thanks Oldie1954,

As long as you've already got service from NetCube it should be OK.

Be embarrassing for Exetel to cut you off before that.
Be infuriating, that's what it would be.

Thanks for clearing that all up for me.