Goodbye Exetel

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
knight76

Goodbye Exetel

Post by knight76 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:47 pm

I've been with exetel for a decent period and thus far was happy.

Not now, I've been paying $51 for 500gb anytime and without any say in it, the plan has been bumped to a paltry 50gb peak and 50gb off peak. And for the value of this lower plan, I have the privilege of paying an additional $9 per month. Now I count myself lucky I haven't been bumped to a higher amount given what I read here, I like the 500gb plan as it gives me peace of mind to know I won't have to worry about data for the month, now I need to be watching it all the time and mindful of what I download or view and when as it can mean I will be shaped to very slow internet speed.

Needless to say I won't be with exetel much longer.

We will be moving house in a month or two, and with that I will be moving on from exetel, no doubt many others will be also.

And to add to this, my internet from exetel has been crap this last few months with plenty of slow download speeds, failed connections, website taking forever to load.

Thanks exetel, great service. And don't bother with the canned response of "Oh we are the poor company that can't afford to continue offering the same plan any longer" garbage.

Kaushalya
Exetel Staff

Re: Goodbye Exetel

Post by Kaushalya » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:38 pm

I have forwarded your concerns about your plan to our sales team to have a look.
And to add to this, my internet from exetel has been crap this last few months with plenty of slow download speeds, failed connections, website taking forever to load.
Could you perform a speed test via speedtest.exetel.com.au and send the results so that we can have a look? And also let us know whether this issue is time specific.

Mandy
Exetel Staff

Post by Mandy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:36 am

Hi,

One of our Sales Representatives will be in touch with you shortly.

Regards
Mandy

knight76

Post by knight76 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:18 pm

Yesterday I ordered internet service with IINet after years of being with Exetel. Unfortunately with the forced change to plans to 50gb peak and 50gb off peak this has meant I am unable to continue with Exetel.

50gb is just not anywhere near enough, our children watching youtube videos consistently eats most of this data allowance over the month. Through IINet I am able to get 150gb peak, 150gb off peak and free netflix data for a similar price I am paying exetel for 50/50gb. Even Telstra themselves have a better deal. I fail to see the business plan with this change, your just not competitive any more.

So it is goodbye to exetel. I hope many others follow after me.

Oh, and the sales contact never actually contacted me at all.

nicoler
Exetel Staff

Post by nicoler » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:39 am

HI

We do apologize for any inconvenience caused. An email was sent to your nominated email address at the time with regard to the available plan options, along with what Exetel could offer you in terms of retaining you at the new location. However we are sorry to hear that you have relocated with another provider and wish you all the best.

Regards
Nicole