slow upload speed ADSL 2

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
ohagas

slow upload speed ADSL 2

Post by ohagas » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:26 am

I'm getting 5Mbps download speed which is OK, however upload is around 0.3Mbps.
I never really paid much attention to upload speed before but this seems slow and people are saying my video drops out on Facetime.
Should I be getting higher than this?

angelos
Exetel Staff

Re: slow upload speed ADSL 2

Post by angelos » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:44 am

ohagas wrote:I'm getting 5Mbps download speed which is OK, however upload is around 0.3Mbps.
I never really paid much attention to upload speed before but this seems slow and people are saying my video drops out on Facetime.
Should I be getting higher than this?
Are you posting here using that connection? If so I have performed a reset on the connection at the exchange, as I can see that it was only connecting with ADSL1 speeds.

Try restarting your modem and check if it is better now?

Let me know if it is a different service you are referring to. PM me the service number if you are.

ohagas

Post by ohagas » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:11 pm

Hi angelos, yes it's from this number (recently sent to you in pm).
Thanks very very much for your speedy response!
I have reset and retested - uploads are now around 0.6Mbps which is much better.
I'm not sure though what I should expect to get? I've read that you really need around 1Mbps upload for Facetime.
Thanks again.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:13 pm

ohagas wrote:Hi angelos, yes it's from this number (recently sent to you in pm).
Thanks very very much for your speedy response!
I have reset and retested - uploads are now around 0.6Mbps which is much better.
I'm not sure though what I should expect to get? I've read that you really need around 1Mbps upload for Facetime.
Thanks again.
:) good to hear. To be honest, the maximum expected upload would be 0.8mbps so 0.6mbps seems to be fine.