NBN outage Penrith

All other technical assistance queries (General technical issues, IPv6. P2P, News groups, etc)
boardshorts

NBN outage Penrith

Post by boardshorts » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:47 am

Lost NBN this morning. Waited to 8:30am to discover it was the upgrade listed here viewtopic.php?f=296&t=42382 and notified by email would happen 02NOV15.

Website not updated with outage and support could not provide explanation why no disaster recovery was planned but promised to ring back in a couple of hours.

Great way to communicate and keep customer happy!!

angelos
Exetel Staff

Re: NBN outage Penrith

Post by angelos » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:16 pm

boardshorts wrote:Lost NBN this morning. Waited to 8:30am to discover it was the upgrade listed here viewtopic.php?f=296&t=42382 and notified by email would happen 02NOV15.

Website not updated with outage and support could not provide explanation why no disaster recovery was planned but promised to ring back in a couple of hours.

I doubt it's the quoted outage that you are referring to as it is a planned outage for ADSL where as you are referring to NBN.

Can you please PM your service number so I can take a closer look at this?

boardshorts

Post by boardshorts » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:39 pm

Sorry its not an outage its an upgrade. Therefore no need to advise anyone or post on website/forums.

Now blaming Optus was NBN until I reported that my Telstra and iiNet neighbours can use the NBN.

Claimed that if I buy a Business Grade service they could fix it immediately but because I am Residential I need to wait. When they said there was nothing they can do, I called their bluff on the "fix immediately" claim and guess what they cannot.

Talk about deceptive and misleading conduct.

After 10+ years I think its time to move on.

RIP John Linton - you are missed.

boardshorts

Post by boardshorts » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:42 pm

Missed it by this much viewtopic.php?f=296&t=42367

angelos wrote:
boardshorts wrote:Lost NBN this morning. Waited to 8:30am to discover it was the upgrade listed here viewtopic.php?f=296&t=42382 and notified by email would happen 02NOV15.

I doubt it's the quoted outage that you are referring to as it is a planned outage for ADSL where as you are referring to NBN.

Can you please PM your service number so I can take a closer look at this?

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:45 pm

boardshorts wrote:Sorry its not an outage its an upgrade. Therefore no need to advise anyone or post on website/forums.

Now blaming Optus was NBN until I reported that my Telstra and iiNet neighbours can use the NBN.

Claimed that if I buy a Business Grade service they could fix it immediately but because I am Residential I need to wait. When they said there was nothing they can do, I called their bluff on the "fix immediately" claim and guess what they cannot.

Talk about deceptive and misleading conduct.

After 10+ years I think its time to move on.

RIP John Linton - you are missed.
Dear Sir,

My apologies that you think we are being deceptive, but we are trying to migrate your service from NBN through Optus, to NBN direct, providing you with a better service in the process.

Regards,

James Linton

boardshorts

Post by boardshorts » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:03 pm

James,

A change I never asked for and did not want. The NBN service has not been problematic until this change, so I have to ask better for whom?

Seems to contradict this press release http://www.itnews.com.au/news/exetel-si ... tus-408803

Paul from provisioning needs to get his head out of the sand and acknowledge that:-
a) I was never informed. An email telling me that there will be a 10-15 min outage two days ago is NOT advice as to what you were doing last night
b) Stop blaming other organisations for your inability to work with them to ensure the transition is seamless and timely. You need to ensure there is a recovery position if things go wrong and not leave the customer base hanging.
c) You need to make sure the support staff are aware of what was being attempted and not mislead customers
d) You need to make the information available on the status page and forums.

Unfortunately I am about to join a long list of long term customers who feel they need to move away from Exetel to get any form of customer service.

I now know, both you and Exetel have no intentions of providing it.

The tone of the recent discussions indicates they really do not care.

Frank Borcherdt
Dear Sir,

My apologies that you think we are being deceptive, but we are trying to migrate your service from NBN through Optus, to NBN direct, providing you with a better service in the process.

Regards,

James Linton

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:09 pm

boardshorts wrote:James,

A change I never asked for and did not want. The NBN service has not been problematic until this change, so I have to ask better for whom?

Seems to contradict this press release http://www.itnews.com.au/news/exetel-si ... tus-408803

Paul from provisioning needs to get his head out of the sand and acknowledge that:-
a) I was never informed. An email telling me that there will be a 10-15 min outage two days ago is NOT advice as to what you were doing last night
b) Stop blaming other organisations for your inability to work with them to ensure the transition is seamless and timely. You need to ensure there is a recovery position if things go wrong and not leave the customer base hanging.
c) You need to make sure the support staff are aware of what was being attempted and not mislead customers
d) You need to make the information available on the status page and forums.

Unfortunately I am about to join a long list of long term customers who feel they need to move away from Exetel to get any form of customer service.

I now know, both you and Exetel have no intentions of providing it.

The tone of the recent discussions indicates they really do not care.

Frank Borcherdt
Dear Sir,

Regards,

James Linton

Dear Sir,

It is a change that will be better for you and other end users, as it takes out a layer of providing the service.

Exetel does NBN where it can connect directly, and uses Optus for other parts of the country.

Again my apologies for your service being down, we do our best, and I can assure you that providing quality customer support is something very important at Exetel.

James

boardshorts

Post by boardshorts » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:27 pm

James wrote:
Dear Sir,

It is a change that will be better for you and other end users, as it takes out a layer of providing the service.

Exetel does NBN where it can connect directly, and uses Optus for other parts of the country.

Again my apologies for your service being down, we do our best, and I can assure you that providing quality customer support is something very important at Exetel.

James
Evening James,

Received SMS claiming NBN had finished and service restored.

Had delightful conversation with Pharushi and Sumubu from support who claim I needed to drive 100kms back to power cycle the modem despite this advice earlier today "Reference: TYC-11614-735 For now as soon as the supplier issue is fixed your service should reconnect automatically.

Regards,

Kumudh Pathirana
Senior Network Engineer | Cluster Lead
Exetel Technical Support
Exetel Pty Ltd"

Sumubu also claimed that the email sent 01-Nov-15
Hi FRANK,

Here at Exetel we are always looking for ways to improve your service. As such, we will be doing some maintenance work on your NBN service on 2015-11-02

For service number: 0201269288

This change will provide you with the best possible service we can offer you and will not make any difference to your internet access or any other part of your service with Exetel.

You do not need to take any action or change any settings:

During this day of this change, you might experience an outage of up to 1 hour while it takes place.
If the service is not working by close of business on the date mentioned, please contact us on 1300 788 141.

was fair and reasonable notice of the pain Exetel was about to inflict on me today. At the close of business on 2015-11-02 I thought it safe to assume this was complete. Instead Exetel decides to work us over properly on 2015-11-04.

They also refused to look at the tracert of my IP to see that it times out at exactly the same piece of equipment as it did this morning.

To quote you "we do our best" and if that is your best then I would hate to see you worst. If you believe this represents "quality customer support" then I wish you luck into the future.

Kindest regards,

Frank Borcherdt

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:47 pm

boardshorts wrote:
James wrote:
Dear Sir,

James
Evening James,

Received SMS claiming NBN had finished and service restored.

Had delightful conversation with Pharushi and Sumubu from support who claim I needed to drive 100kms back to power cycle the modem despite this advice earlier today "Reference: TYC-11614-735 For now as soon as the supplier issue is fixed your service should reconnect automatically.

Regards,

Kumudh Pathirana
Senior Network Engineer | Cluster Lead
Exetel Technical Support
Exetel Pty Ltd"

Sumubu also claimed that the email sent 01-Nov-15
Hi FRANK,

Here at Exetel we are always looking for ways to improve your service. As such, we will be doing some maintenance work on your NBN service on 2015-11-02

For service number: 0201269288

This change will provide you with the best possible service we can offer you and will not make any difference to your internet access or any other part of your service with Exetel.

You do not need to take any action or change any settings:

During this day of this change, you might experience an outage of up to 1 hour while it takes place.
If the service is not working by close of business on the date mentioned, please contact us on 1300 788 141.

was fair and reasonable notice of the pain Exetel was about to inflict on me today. At the close of business on 2015-11-02 I thought it safe to assume this was complete. Instead Exetel decides to work us over properly on 2015-11-04.

They also refused to look at the tracert of my IP to see that it times out at exactly the same piece of equipment as it did this morning.

To quote you "we do our best" and if that is your best then I would hate to see you worst. If you believe this represents "quality customer support" then I wish you luck into the future.

Kindest regards,

Frank Borcherdt
Dear Frank,

As confirmed by James before, It is a change that will be better for you and other end users, as it takes out a layer of providing the service. According to the process confirmed by the supplier, it should get connected automatically. Unfortunately it has not and that is why we need to check basic testings with you, prior to logging a fault.

Exetel apologies for the service interruption. However we have already logged the service issue under the reference number 9590854. We will update you as soon we receive an update by them.