Mobile VoIP Android

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
Aaphid

Mobile VoIP Android

Post by Aaphid » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:40 am

What's the best app to use for VoIP on Android? I have been using Csip Simple but for some reason it's not working for me at the moment.

Is it possible for someone at Exetel to make a "Wizard" for Csip Simple? I see that there are a number of VoIP providers who have set these up and it means that the end user only needs to enter their username and password and all other settings are setup automatically for them.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Mobile VoIP Android

Post by Dazzled » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:05 am

Try out Linphone. http://www.linphone.org/

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:57 pm

Aaphid wrote:What's the best app to use for VoIP on Android? I have been using Csip Simple but for some reason it's not working for me at the moment.

Is it possible for someone at Exetel to make a "Wizard" for Csip Simple? I see that there are a number of VoIP providers who have set these up and it means that the end user only needs to enter their username and password and all other settings are setup automatically for them.
We have also recommended http://www.zoiper.com/

Aaphid

Post by Aaphid » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:09 pm

We have also recommended http://www.zoiper.com/
Thanks. I notice that Zoiper also has the ability to have all settings auto configured for optimum service with Exetel. When I go to set up a new account there is a list with various Australian service providers. By the looks of it when you select one of these it will set ip address, STUN, codecs etc for that provider.

Is it possible for someone at Exetel to set one of these up? That would make it very easy for Exetel customers to use the service.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:56 pm

Aaphid wrote:Is it possible for someone at Exetel to set one of these up? That would make it very easy for Exetel customers to use the service.
Are you referring to a set up guide for Zoiper on Mobile?

Aphid

Post by Aphid » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:04 pm

When I first go to set up a new account in Zoiper I go to Config -> Accounts -> Add Account and there is the option to “Select a provider”. When I tap that there are a number of VoIP providers listed. At the bottom of the screen is a message “Is your provider not listed? Ask your provider to contact us”.

This appears to be a way that Exetel can make an auto setup service where a user just needs to know their account name and password and all other settings are done automatically.

Can someone at Exetel do this?

AlexGr

Post by AlexGr » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:56 pm

Hi aphid,
I did this setup today Zoiper, however i did it on iPhone, so I'm not sure if this is gonna be useful. so you instead of choosing a provider, you just should choose a manual setup, where you enter your login, password and provider domain…
was quite easy to my mind :)

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:35 pm

Aphid wrote:
When I first go to set up a new account in Zoiper I go to Config -> Accounts -> Add Account and there is the option to “Select a provider”. When I tap that there are a number of VoIP providers listed. At the bottom of the screen is a message “Is your provider not listed? Ask your provider to contact us”.

This appears to be a way that Exetel can make an auto setup service where a user just needs to know their account name and password and all other settings are done automatically.

Can someone at Exetel do this?
We hope to have this implemented in the future but for now, please use the manual configuration option when configuring your VoIP service.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Aphid

Post by Aphid » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:01 pm

Do you have a link to Zoiper/Exetel setup instructions?

I can make calls out but can't hear the other person on the other end.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:23 pm

Aphid wrote:Do you have a link to Zoiper/Exetel setup instructions?

I can make calls out but can't hear the other person on the other end.
Are you using this to make calls over the mobile network or while on wifi?

Aphid

Post by Aphid » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:04 pm

angelos wrote: Are you using this to make calls over the mobile network or while on wifi?
Over WiFi.

I've tried turning STUN on and off.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:08 pm

Please PM me your service number so I can take a look at this for you.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:40 pm

PM received and tested your service. Seems to be working fine.

Please test this again but this time please try turning off any router firewalls off.

The reason why I say this is because the firewall may unknowingly block some ports through its firewall.