Request silent number immediately

Bundled telephone and Wireline services
Pfitzy

Request silent number immediately

Post by Pfitzy » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:10 pm

In addition to the relentless spam I've received since registering a domain with exetel, I'm now getting random phone calls from web developers.

It was bad enough with the Powerwall installation, but this is ridiculous.

Please raise a ticket to have my service number made silent immediately.

Regards,

Nick
Friendly fire, isn't...

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Request silent number immediately

Post by Dazzled » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:31 pm

Have you checked the public records for the domain name, to see if your phone number or other ID that leads easily to it is listed? That would alert web developers.

Pfitzy

Post by Pfitzy » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:36 pm

That is probably it, but I rarely use that number for anything. I have a VOIP number too that I use even less!

In any case, I can't request silent number by the member interface unless its fairly well hidden, so I'm doing it here after the helpdesk couldn't help on a weekend.
Friendly fire, isn't...

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:52 pm

Services and Usage

Voice Services
Phone 02XXXXXXXX Manage

Free Additional Telephone Line Functions:
PLEASE NOTE:Please tick the boxes if you want any of the functions that are listed below. The functions are provided at no additional charge:

Select "Unlisted Number".

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:16 am

Pfitzy wrote:That is probably it, but I rarely use that number for anything. I have a VOIP number too that I use even less!

In any case, I can't request silent number by the member interface unless its fairly well hidden, so I'm doing it here after the helpdesk couldn't help on a weekend.
I refer to the ticket # 9902705. Saturday, 06 Feb 2016 we have specifically advised you to contact the provisioning department during the business hours and make the the request. We have made the same request through the ticket to the provisioning department and according to them, there is an additional charge involving with this. However I have requested again and we will get the details confirmed, prior making a call to you tomorrow.