Unusable ADSL for last two weeks

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Post Reply
jkreijkamp
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:12 pm
Location: Tamborine Mountain

Unusable ADSL for last two weeks

Post by jkreijkamp » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:36 pm

Hi Exetel,

For the last few weeks our connection has been really bad. Today it was not even possible to watch a (standard def) youtube video or netflix movie. Testing the connection (http://speedtest.exetel.com.au/) almost always result in less than 0.5Mbps down and up. Outside peak hours the speedtest is still low numbers below 1Mbps but at least you can more or less browse. The only way to download something big is basically start it before bed time and hope for the best. Please look into it as currently the only way to have enjoyable internet is using our mobile data instead. Area Tamborine Mountain.

Of course I've tried all the simple remedies as rebooting modem, turning off all other connected devices, checked if there are background downloads, used wired connection, checked physical link (and low level ADSL connection, currently ADSL2A down 8042500 up 1019100).


With kind regards,
Jaap Kreijkamp
Screen Shot 2016-03-06 at 9.06.30 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-03-06 at 9.06.30 PM.jpg (57.23 KiB) Viewed 2014 times

Sumudu D
Exetel Staff
Posts: 115
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:24 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Unusable ADSL for last two weeks

Post by Sumudu D » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:57 pm

Hi Jaap,
jkreijkamp wrote:Hi Exetel,

For the last few weeks our connection has been really bad. Today it was not even possible to watch a (standard def) youtube video or netflix movie. Testing the connection (http://speedtest.exetel.com.au/) almost always result in less than 0.5Mbps down and up. Outside peak hours the speedtest is still low numbers below 1Mbps but at least you can more or less browse. The only way to download something big is basically start it before bed time and hope for the best. Please look into it as currently the only way to have enjoyable internet is using our mobile data instead. Area Tamborine Mountain.

Of course I've tried all the simple remedies as rebooting modem, turning off all other connected devices, checked if there are background downloads, used wired connection, checked physical link (and low level ADSL connection, currently ADSL2A down 8042500 up 1019100).


With kind regards,
Jaap Kreijkamp


Exetel apologize for the inconvenience caused to you on this issue. We will investigate the issue further and get back to you on your nominated email address on the record.

cheers.. :)

mintaro
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:11 pm
Location: Adelaide

Re: Unusable ADSL for last two weeks

Post by mintaro » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:47 am

Wait until they start laying the NBN in your area. I was cut-off for 20 days in January-February and am in my third day of no telephone or internet. I was not informed of the reason but a number of my friends in my immediate neighbourhood of Belair SA are also experiencing similar problems, exactly coinciding with the NBN contractors being in the Telstra pits. I got no ansers but the standard reply and am still being treated like a mushroom. Is it a coincidence that Telstra seems to get my neighbours who are Telstra subscribers back within 2 days but I wait forever? Perhaps there is a hidden set of priorities in operation.

devindag
Exetel Staff
Posts: 487
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:08 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Unusable ADSL for last two weeks

Post by devindag » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:25 pm

mintaro wrote:Wait until they start laying the NBN in your area. I was cut-off for 20 days in January-February and am in my third day of no telephone or internet. I was not informed of the reason but a number of my friends in my immediate neighbourhood of Belair SA are also experiencing similar problems, exactly coinciding with the NBN contractors being in the Telstra pits. I got no ansers but the standard reply and am still being treated like a mushroom. Is it a coincidence that Telstra seems to get my neighbours who are Telstra subscribers back within 2 days but I wait forever? Perhaps there is a hidden set of priorities in operation.
We are sorry to hear about that. Please PM me your service number/ customer ID so that we could look in to this.

mintaro
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:11 pm
Location: Adelaide

Re: Unusable ADSL for last two weeks

Post by mintaro » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:38 pm

My number is 08xxxxxxxx. Now 35 days without connection ie 21 Jan-10 Feb and 7-23 March. Technician promised 23 March from 1300-1700. After represenations from shadow minister of communications office, NBN contractor gave me details of their investigation of my case and I am left wondering if Telstra is letting its infrastructure at Blackwood exchange deteriorate progressively on the basis that customers are about to migrate to NBN. A number of neighbours are experiencing same issue and long periods of disconnection. It is striking that core Tesltra customers amongst them appear to be absent or rapidly disconnected but Optus, Primus and Optus resellers are strongly represented.
Last edited by Kumudh on Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to remove telephone number. Ref#10023906

mintaro
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:11 pm
Location: Adelaide

Re: Unusable ADSL for last two weeks

Post by mintaro » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:33 pm

Service restored(for now). Telstra technician blamed NBN for the outage.

KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2519
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Unusable ADSL for last two weeks

Post by KavindaS » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:54 pm

mintaro wrote:Service restored(for now). Telstra technician blamed NBN for the outage.
As you said, Optus has investigated through Telstra technician and your reported service issue has resolved now. According to the tech report, hardware was repaired.

Post Reply