NBN Co Service Leval Agreement (SLA)

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
freemo73

NBN Co Service Leval Agreement (SLA)

Post by freemo73 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:41 pm

I moved from ADSL2 to NBN FTTN on the 21st of March 2016. ADSL2 was a stable yet slow service (2mbps). NBN FTTN is now providing a faster (20mbps) connection which loses VDSL sync about 30 times a day. The internet availability is about 80% which is horrendous. Exetel has logged the issue with NBN who twice said there is no issue, and it seems is now actually looking into it - weeks after the initial ticket was logged. My question is - what SLA is NBN contracted to provide to Exetel, and is Exetel holding the supplier to that SLA. I am paying $60 a month for an unusable/unreliable internet connection - yet I am not able to deal with NBN directly. It seems like NBN is not meeting their SLA - and Exetel is quite happy to keep sending me "our supplier is looking into it" messages without actually holding NBN to their contractual obligations.

Kaushalya
Exetel Staff

Re: NBN Co Service Leval Agreement (SLA)

Post by Kaushalya » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:16 pm

freemo73 wrote:I moved from ADSL2 to NBN FTTN on the 21st of March 2016. ADSL2 was a stable yet slow service (2mbps). NBN FTTN is now providing a faster (20mbps) connection which loses VDSL sync about 30 times a day. The internet availability is about 80% which is horrendous. Exetel has logged the issue with NBN who twice said there is no issue, and it seems is now actually looking into it - weeks after the initial ticket was logged. My question is - what SLA is NBN contracted to provide to Exetel, and is Exetel holding the supplier to that SLA. I am paying $60 a month for an unusable/unreliable internet connection - yet I am not able to deal with NBN directly. It seems like NBN is not meeting their SLA - and Exetel is quite happy to keep sending me "our supplier is looking into it" messages without actually holding NBN to their contractual obligations.
We do apologise for the inconvenience caused. This matter has already been escalated further. We will update you as soon as we receive more information.

Your reference #10106725

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:59 am

freemo73 wrote:I moved from ADSL2 to NBN FTTN on the 21st of March 2016. ADSL2 was a stable yet slow service (2mbps). NBN FTTN is now providing a faster (20mbps) connection which loses VDSL sync about 30 times a day. The internet availability is about 80% which is horrendous. Exetel has logged the issue with NBN who twice said there is no issue, and it seems is now actually looking into it - weeks after the initial ticket was logged. My question is - what SLA is NBN contracted to provide to Exetel, and is Exetel holding the supplier to that SLA. I am paying $60 a month for an unusable/unreliable internet connection - yet I am not able to deal with NBN directly. It seems like NBN is not meeting their SLA - and Exetel is quite happy to keep sending me "our supplier is looking into it" messages without actually holding NBN to their contractual obligations.
There is no SLA on your service from our end, or on NBNs end, but we always do our best to ensure as close to 100% uptime on all services.

freemo73

Post by freemo73 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:04 am

Its now been almost 4 weeks, and I've received no updates on what NBN is actually doing , or even planning on doing to resolve this situation. A daily SMS saying Exetel is working closely with the wholesale supplier and will update me soon does start to wear a bit thin after a few weeks. Unfortunately a internet connection is a modern necessity, and even though Exetel requires customers to waive their CSG rights - they are charging me for a product and are surely obligated to provide that product - which is a usable Internet connection. All I ask is that Exetel communicate with NBN and give me some type of meaningful update that would assure me that NBN Co is doing something to resolve 30 dropouts a day - which equates to the internet being unavailable for about 20% of the time. :(

freemo73

Post by freemo73 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:03 am

NBNs Wholesale Broadband Agreement (WBA) Service Level Schedule looks like a service level agreement for the provision of NBN services to the retailer.

http://www.nbnco.com.au/content/dam/nbn ... 160407.pdf

I live in Newcastle so would not classify as a remote urban area with access difficulties. I'm not a contract lawyer, but the maximum fault rectification service level for even the lowest priority incident is 4 hours response and 28 hours network fault rectification. The schedule also mentions an Enhanced Fault Rectification Rebate if service levels are not met. Does Exetel hold NBN to its service level schedule, and does it seek rebates and pass them on to the customer if NBN does not meet its contractual requirements? As an end user I am unable to deal with NBN directly, but I hope that Exetel will represent my interests as the retailer of NBN services.

devindag
Exetel Staff

Post by devindag » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:14 am

Please note that Exetel is constantly chasing for updates from the supplier end as well and this issue is being looked in to by the supplier as we speak under reference number 10106725.

Exetel apologize for the inconvenience caused and the time taken to get this resolved.

As soon as we receive an update from the supplier, we will update you via your mobile number.

freemo73

Post by freemo73 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:37 pm

Seems like I've been underestimating the NBN issue. I've been collecting syslog messages from my supplied modem, and I have 2576 "Line 0: VDSL2 link down" messages for April - its actually averaging about 160 outages per day. I've agreed to the terms and conditions of a physical line inspection - at what point can I lodge a complaint with the TCO that NBN Co is not undertaking basic fault finding tasks - like maybe moving the service to the second pair of copper wires that run into my house.

Sumudu D
Exetel Staff

Post by Sumudu D » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:45 pm

Hi freemo73,
freemo73 wrote:Seems like I've been underestimating the NBN issue. I've been collecting syslog messages from my supplied modem, and I have 2576 "Line 0: VDSL2 link down" messages for April - its actually averaging about 160 outages per day. I've agreed to the terms and conditions of a physical line inspection - at what point can I lodge a complaint with the TCO that NBN Co is not undertaking basic fault finding tasks - like maybe moving the service to the second pair of copper wires that run into my house.
In order to resolve the dropout issue you are experiencing NBN will take all the necessary precautions within their responsibility. However it would be on the later part of the troubleshooting ladder to move your service to another pair of copper line. The decision is purely with the supplier to make. We will keep you posted with new updates as soon as they become available from the supplier.

Cheers.. :)

freemo73

Post by freemo73 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:56 pm

Its a bit concerning that its almost a month on, and the later part of troubleshooting hasn't occurred yet. I don't think anyone at Exetel is understanding that the main issue here is that I am receiving no updates - no updates, as in none, zero,zilch - not a single useful update since the issue was logged. A SMS saying I will receive an update soon is not an update...
I've been told that "We will keep you posted with new updates as soon as they become available from the supplier."
I get a daily SMS that says "Exetel is working closely with the wholesale supplier and will update me soon" , but never an actual update.
I get a lot of apologies that it is taking so long, none of which acknowledge that I am actually still being charged for an unreliable internet connection.

Is there some way I can actually talk to someone at NBN Co who is looking into the problem.....

Amila Fernando
Forum Admin

Post by Amila Fernando » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:14 pm

freemo73 wrote:Its a bit concerning that its almost a month on, and the later part of troubleshooting hasn't occurred yet. I don't think anyone at Exetel is understanding that the main issue here is that I am receiving no updates - no updates, as in none, zero,zilch - not a single useful update since the issue was logged. A SMS saying I will receive an update soon is not an update...
I've been told that "We will keep you posted with new updates as soon as they become available from the supplier."
I get a daily SMS that says "Exetel is working closely with the wholesale supplier and will update me soon" , but never an actual update.
I get a lot of apologies that it is taking so long, none of which acknowledge that I am actually still being charged for an unreliable internet connection.

Is there some way I can actually talk to someone at NBN Co who is looking into the problem.....
Please note that our supplier has investigated your service issue and determined that a field technician visit is required. Therefore please contact Exetel support to arrange a suitable technician appointment time frame.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================