no outbound SMS, port optus/prepaid to exetel value

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
samarium

no outbound SMS, port optus/prepaid to exetel value

Post by samarium » Mon May 23, 2016 9:26 pm

I ported my number to exetel value plan last week from optus/prepaid.

Voice came over first day, data the second day, and I can receive SMS.

Sending SMS, however results in a SMS from Optus saying I am out of quota for that message type. Since Exetel Value has unlimited SMS/MMS, this seems unlikely. More likely a porting screwup from Optus, or maybe Exetel.

I raised ticket 10303378 with exetel who said they would get back to me in 24 hours.

That was on May 18, and I haven't heard anything since, despite sending multiple email status updates as I have tested over the last few days.

My current customer service rating for Exetel is: pathetic.

I don't necessarily expect you to fix the problem immediately, however I do expect you to follow thru with your communication commitments and at least talk to me, update me on the progress, even if that is only to say you are waiting on Optus, that way I at least know something is happening in Exetel.

Kaushalya
Exetel Staff

Re: no outbound SMS, port optus/prepaid to exetel value

Post by Kaushalya » Mon May 23, 2016 11:10 pm

samarium wrote:I ported my number to exetel value plan last week from optus/prepaid.

Voice came over first day, data the second day, and I can receive SMS.

Sending SMS, however results in a SMS from Optus saying I am out of quota for that message type. Since Exetel Value has unlimited SMS/MMS, this seems unlikely. More likely a porting screwup from Optus, or maybe Exetel.

I raised ticket 10303378 with exetel who said they would get back to me in 24 hours.

That was on May 18, and I haven't heard anything since, despite sending multiple email status updates as I have tested over the last few days.

My current customer service rating for Exetel is: pathetic.

I don't necessarily expect you to fix the problem immediately, however I do expect you to follow thru with your communication commitments and at least talk to me, update me on the progress, even if that is only to say you are waiting on Optus, that way I at least know something is happening in Exetel.
We are currently investigating this matter with our supplier. We will update you shortly.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused!

samarium

Post by samarium » Mon May 30, 2016 3:18 pm

Got a message in response to this thread, but nothing since, and nearly a week has gone by.

Haven't seen action from exetel that would make me change my customer service rating, no contact for a week is still pathetic.

Seems like I should be getting a service credit too.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon May 30, 2016 3:34 pm

samarium wrote:Got a message in response to this thread, but nothing since, and nearly a week has gone by.

Haven't seen action from exetel that would make me change my customer service rating, no contact for a week is still pathetic.

Seems like I should be getting a service credit too.
We have already escalated with our Wholesale provider Optus and currently waiting on their update. As per to them we should get the update by close of business today. We will update you via the same email reference 10303378.

samarium

Post by samarium » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:05 pm

Given my irritation with people who raise issues in the forum and don't close them out, here is the resolution.

Got a request from optus to try another handset. Totally irrelevant in my opinion since the SMS was obviously getting to Optus, and they were bouncing it with a quota issue. However, in the interests of moving forward, tried another handset, got exactly the same quota bounce, as expected.

Anyway, the day after this was communicated with Optus, ie yesterday, it started working like it should.

I'm still irritated that it took so long for Exetel to find the appropriate 4x2 to hit Optus over the head.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:44 pm

samarium wrote:Given my irritation with people who raise issues in the forum and don't close them out, here is the resolution.

Got a request from optus to try another handset. Totally irrelevant in my opinion since the SMS was obviously getting to Optus, and they were bouncing it with a quota issue. However, in the interests of moving forward, tried another handset, got exactly the same quota bounce, as expected.

Anyway, the day after this was communicated with Optus, ie yesterday, it started working like it should.

I'm still irritated that it took so long for Exetel to find the appropriate 4x2 to hit Optus over the head.
We apologies for the inconvenience caused. Second escalation has clearly investigated from the Optus end resolved within their network.