Porting issues to Optus

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
muzzatron

Porting issues to Optus

Post by muzzatron » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:17 pm

Hi guys,

I have had an exetel mob account for years. But really need to get a up-to-date smart phone so made the decision for a basic iPhone plan with optus.

I got the phone (Last week) with a new number which i did not want. Contacted them and they said they will send me a new sim with my old number (which I have had for ever and want to keep) and port it. YAY!

Got the new sim, didn't work. Tried to activate it and didn't work. Over a few days, went through a process of 'chats' with optus, still no luck. Rang them today, got sent around 4 different people then finally 45mins later found out my Exetel Phone was in my wife's name. So that was making things difficult and that is why number wasn't porting from Exetel to Optus.

So apparently if I call back tomorrow and get my wife to help I might be able to port the number. But she will be at work and to be honest. I just am tired of it all and wishing I never order the phone.

So i figure my options are:

1. try again tomorrow and hope for the best. :-(
2. Cancel the whole service and try again using my wife's details.
3. Change all my exetel details over to my name

Wishing exetel had iPhone deals.

anurangaf
Exetel Staff

Re: Porting issues to Optus

Post by anurangaf » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:52 pm

Hi,

Please note that in-order to port out your mobile phone to a different provider, you may need to provide them with the correct date of birth or the correct port out account number.

If that matched they can get the number port-in with their system.

Therefore please ask your wife to call us to get the port out account number or the date of birth on the account.

Also you can add your details to the account as the authorized representative and we can provide you with the above details after that.

If you need to further information don't hesitate to contact us.

muzzatron

Post by muzzatron » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:16 am

Thanks, it has been a frustrating week. I went in and changed over my exetel details from my wife's name into my name.

Then called optus and they said it should be porting today.

But to be honest, I am not full of confidence.
Last edited by muzzatron on Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

muzzatron

Post by muzzatron » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:18 am

OH OK, so the other day when i was trapped in a phone cycle getting passed around. I was told to call exetel and the very helpful person gave me a 5 digit number. That I think I was the port number, but when I went back to Optus the person i got didn't seem to understand what it was.

So I am assuming, that number will stay the same?

muzzatron

Post by muzzatron » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:12 pm

Well something is happening, my iphone beeps and gets signal then goes back SOS only. So guess I will wait and see. :-)

Amila Fernando
Forum Admin

Post by Amila Fernando » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:06 pm

muzzatron wrote:OH OK, so the other day when i was trapped in a phone cycle getting passed around. I was told to call exetel and the very helpful person gave me a 5 digit number. That I think I was the port number, but when I went back to Optus the person i got didn't seem to understand what it was.

So I am assuming, that number will stay the same?
Yes, your Exetel mobile account number will remain the same. If you have any issues with newly ported mobile service, kindly contact your new mobile service provider.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

muzzatron

Post by muzzatron » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:44 pm

They sent me another sim today. Here we go again, I hope this time it ports.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:00 pm

muzzatron wrote:They sent me another sim today. Here we go again, I hope this time it ports.
Any issue with the sim can be replaced by a new sim. If you have any issues with newly ported mobile service, kindly contact your new mobile service provider.