Virus/Spam Protection From Exetel

Malware detection, cleaning and prevention
ForumAdmin

Virus/Spam Protection From Exetel

Post by ForumAdmin » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:53 am

Exetel can provide the best possible Virus/Spam filtering currently available for a charge of $2.00 per month per email account.

Until 31st March 2007 this service is free for any Exetel customer to trial.

To add virus/spam filtering to any @exemail.com.au email account please follow these instructions:

1) Go to the Exetel User Facilities

2) From the right hand side bar select ‘Email Set Up’

3) From the sub menu that drops down select ‘View Email Account’

4) You will see a list of the email accounts you have created together with a new ‘button’ – Spam Email Filter - Change

5) Select the account you wish to add spam filtering to

6) A new screen will appear with options for you to select in three categories

7) Select the categories and then click on the ‘Add’ button at the bottom of the screen

Surfn Chick

Re: Virus/Spam Protection From Exetel

Post by Surfn Chick » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:45 pm

Hi I took up exetel's virus/spam protection from Exetel in April. All was going well until I realised that the emails from Exetel were being dumped into my deleted box . Please make a suggestion.
ForumAdmin wrote:Exetel can provide the best possible Virus/Spam filtering currently available for a charge of $2.00 per month per email account.

To add virus/spam filtering to any @exemail.com.au email account please follow these instructions:

4) You will see a list of the email accounts you have created together with a new ‘button’ – Spam Email Filter - Change

7) Select the categories and then click on the ‘Add’ button at the bottom of the screen

James D

Post by James D » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:48 pm

Are they being put into your deleted box of your email client or are they in your deleted box on the webmail?

If they are in your deleted box on your email client on your machine then it is a setting on your machine that is moving them there not the spam filter.

petemoss

Post by petemoss » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:36 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:Exetel can provide the best possible Virus/Spam filtering currently available for a charge of $2.00 per month per email account.
An even better solution is ASSP

offroad

Post by offroad » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:45 pm

Would someone from Exetel please look at the IronPort Spam Quarantine portal so we can check emails.

Whenever you click on an email in the portal to view, you get presented with a username / password screen which takes you no where.

Have reported this to Residential Support but no one has a clue...

Exetel Residential Technical Support #9823034
Attachments
IronPort_C670_(mscip02.mailscan.net.au)_-_Welcome_-_2016-01-18_18.19.24.jpg
IronPort_C670_(mscip02.mailscan.net.au)_-_Welcome_-_2016-01-18_18.19.24.jpg (113.86 KiB) Viewed 4735 times

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:46 pm

offroad wrote:Would someone from Exetel please look at the IronPort Spam Quarantine portal so we can check emails.

Whenever you click on an email in the portal to view, you get presented with a username / password screen which takes you no where.

Have reported this to Residential Support but no one has a clue...

Exetel Residential Technical Support #9823034
Apologies for the inconvenience. I have tested this and I believe you get the below message,

" You are already logged in as .......@exemail.com.au. If you want to log in again, log out from this session.
Enter your login information below. If you are unsure what to enter, please contact your administrator. "

Using your same account I was able to logged in first time, but it appears to be a session issue. I will escalate this with our developing team and update you through the same ticket number 9823034.

offroad

Post by offroad » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:28 pm

Just checking in for my monthly visit to see if the Exetel SPAM Quarantine portal is working yet and still not working....

Click on 'Quarantine' BUTTON - click on 'Submit Query' BUTTON and browser heads off to this URL and you get a blank screen ?

https://cp.mailsentry.net.au/exetel_viewQuarantine.php

sachindaL
Exetel Staff

Post by sachindaL » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:45 pm

offroad wrote:Just checking in for my monthly visit to see if the Exetel SPAM Quarantine portal is working yet and still not working....

Click on 'Quarantine' BUTTON - click on 'Submit Query' BUTTON and browser heads off to this URL and you get a blank screen ?

We will check this and get back to you.
Apologies for the inconvenience.

Surfn Chick

Post by Surfn Chick » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:16 pm

sachindaL wrote:
offroad wrote:Just checking in for my monthly visit to see if the Exetel SPAM Quarantine portal is working yet and still not working....

I have been asking an Exetel engineer to look into the same matter since 20 July 2016.
There is still no resolution.
I have today checked using another laptop (Win 10) and also my iPhone 5.

We are getting blank screens after clicking on the Quarantine button.

It seems like you do not understand what's going on. Here's a tip. Why don't Exetel staff try and get into their Quarantine.

This has gone on for too long.

Kindly repair this problem as a priority.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:07 am

Surfn Chick wrote:
sachindaL wrote:

I have been asking an Exetel engineer to look into the same matter since 20 July 2016.

It seems like you do not understand what's going on. Here's a tip. Why don't Exetel staff try and get into their Quarantine.

I will check on this with the engineer who escalated and get back to you.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:09 pm

KavindaS wrote:
Surfn Chick wrote:
sachindaL wrote:Just checking in for my monthly visit to see if the Exetel SPAM Quarantine portal is working yet and still not working....

I will check on this with the engineer who escalated and get back to you.
Our system engineers following up this via the ticket 9823034. They will update you through the same ticket. Hopefully there should be an update in next few days.

Surfn Chick

Post by Surfn Chick » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:30 pm

Any update on this matter?

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:37 pm

Surfn Chick wrote:Any update on this matter?
Relevant ticket is still opened with our system engineers. I have updated the ticket requesting for an update. We will inform to you accordingly.

Surfn Chick

Post by Surfn Chick » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:58 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:53 am
Exetel can provide the best possible Virus/Spam filtering currently available for a charge of $2.00 per month per email account.

I am still waiting for Exetel to repair my Email Quarantine. Now I am receiving spam from myself. Enough. Start fixing or start crediting me for the service.

IsuruB
Exetel Staff

Post by IsuruB » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:33 pm

Surfn Chick wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:58 pm
ForumAdmin wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:53 am

I am still waiting for Exetel to repair my Email Quarantine. Now I am receiving spam from myself. Enough. Start fixing or start crediting me for the service.
Thanks for reaching out. Does your web browser notify you of a blocked pop-up when trying to access quarantine?