Helpdesk ticket system

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
Post Reply
User avatar
Mort
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:04 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Helpdesk ticket system

Post by Mort » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:47 pm

Hi there,

I tried to folow the link to the online support in a staff email (https://www.exetel.com.au/exetel_support.php) but it just directed to the main exetel page.

If I log into "My Exetel" and use the "Useful Links" menu to go to fault ticket, it takes me to what looks like a new helpdesk page where the sign in asks for my email.

Is this a new system and do I need to register a new account? I tried to "reset password" but the few email addresses I tried it told me didn't match a known account.

Scott.
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2373
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Helpdesk ticket system

Post by KavindaS » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:05 am

Mort wrote:Hi there,

I tried to folow the link to the online support in a staff email (https://www.exetel.com.au/exetel_support.php) but it just directed to the main exetel page.

If I log into "My Exetel" and use the "Useful Links" menu to go to fault ticket, it takes me to what looks like a new helpdesk page where the sign in asks for my email.

Is this a new system and do I need to register a new account? I tried to "reset password" but the few email addresses I tried it told me didn't match a known account.

Scott.
If you need to sign in to the helpdesk system where you need to open a ticket, use http://helpdesk.exetel.com.au/login . If your requirement is different to that, please detail me the requirement and I will check on that.

User avatar
Mort
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:04 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Helpdesk ticket system

Post by Mort » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:40 am

yes, but what email do I use to sign into that system with? Is it new?

It doesn't look like the same helpdesk ticket system I last used (quite some time ago though)

I am trying to find out if there is any further progress with ticket#10867752
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2373
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Helpdesk ticket system

Post by KavindaS » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:57 pm

Mort wrote:yes, but what email do I use to sign into that system with? Is it new?

It doesn't look like the same helpdesk ticket system I last used (quite some time ago though)

I am trying to find out if there is any further progress with ticket#10867752
It appears to be you have not logged in a single time with the new version of the helpdesk system. Therefore follow the below steps as you need to re-register with the new version using the same old email, so you can retrieve the previously located tickets under your account.

* Visit http://helpdesk.exetel.com.au/login
* Do not sign in using the old credentials.
* Click on "Don't have an account? Create one for free"
* Then under Register it will ask "What is your primary email address?"
* Fill that with your previous same email address that you have used and continue the registration.

I have checked the ref# 10867752 and we have received your test results. One of the engineers working on the ticket and you should have a response before close of business today.

User avatar
Mort
Posts: 394
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:04 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Helpdesk ticket system

Post by Mort » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:09 pm

awesome, thanks for that. I'll sort it out tonight then.
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

duncanm
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:11 am

Re: Helpdesk ticket system

Post by duncanm » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:54 pm

What's the point of the helpdesk ticket system ?

I lodged a ticket on the 3rd Jan and have had zero response to it - despite various follow-ups on the online system.

Currently on hold waiting for an operator.

But seriously -- if you're not monitoring the ticket system, get rid of it!

(Reference: REV-94477-314)

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2373
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Helpdesk ticket system

Post by KavindaS » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:29 pm

duncanm wrote:What's the point of the helpdesk ticket system ?

I lodged a ticket on the 3rd Jan and have had zero response to it - despite various follow-ups on the online system.

Currently on hold waiting for an operator.

But seriously -- if you're not monitoring the ticket system, get rid of it!

(Reference: REV-94477-314)
We have checked and replied to you ASAP. Apologies for the inconvenience may have caused by this.

Post Reply