VOIP service block now all internet blocked!!

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
Onlinegeek

VOIP service block now all internet blocked!!

Post by Onlinegeek » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:46 pm

Hi,
I received an email from residentialsupport@exetel.com.au over the weekend saying that my voip service has been used to call approx 100 international phone numbers. Exetel were kind enough to suspend the service but they appear to have blocked my internet service! I have called and spoken to a gentleman named Sanka. He confirmed that the password has been reset on my VoIP account but he had to escalate my VoIP suspension. I need this fixed ASAP as the internet is not working! I can remotely connect into my network but not outwards.

Can someone please contact me to have this resolved as my wife runs a business from home and relies on the internet!

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: VOIP service block now all internet blocked!!

Post by KavindaS » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:46 pm

Onlinegeek wrote:Hi,
I received an email from residentialsupport@exetel.com.au over the weekend saying that my voip service has been used to call approx 100 international phone numbers. Exetel were kind enough to suspend the service but they appear to have blocked my internet service! I have called and spoken to a gentleman named Sanka. He confirmed that the password has been reset on my VoIP account but he had to escalate my VoIP suspension. I need this fixed ASAP as the internet is not working! I can remotely connect into my network but not outwards.

Can someone please contact me to have this resolved as my wife runs a business from home and relies on the internet!
Let me check on this for you. Can you PM me your VoIP or Internet service number to check the records and resolve this to you?

LindaB

Re: VOIP service block now all internet blocked!!

Post by LindaB » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:46 am

Wondering what the outcome on this was as I just got my bill & have international calls on it I did not make.