White Pages

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
doggy

White Pages

Post by doggy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:53 am

Previously, with my Exetel landline package, I had a lot of difficulties with White Pages entries which would disappear after a few monthsand Exetel would have to get the information reinstated. The most recent time, it was not reinstated after eight weeks.

Now, with NBN, my landline number has been ported to VOIP (a couple of weeks ago).

Question: Will the details automatically be entered into White Pages or do I have to request it? I cannot find anything on MyExetel.

Thanks,
Dave

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: White Pages

Post by KavindaS » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:37 pm

doggy wrote:Previously, with my Exetel landline package, I had a lot of difficulties with White Pages entries which would disappear after a few monthsand Exetel would have to get the information reinstated. The most recent time, it was not reinstated after eight weeks.

Now, with NBN, my landline number has been ported to VOIP (a couple of weeks ago).

Question: Will the details automatically be entered into White Pages or do I have to request it? I cannot find anything on MyExetel.

Thanks,
Dave
Hi Dave,

I have checked this and once it is activated as a Voip number, you need to contact https://www.sensis.com.au/sensis-contact-us directly to get the details add or remove.

doggy

Post by doggy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:12 pm

Hi Kavinda, many thanks for that. I think this should be added as a sentence in the Exetel User Facilities.

Cheers,
Dave
:D :D

doggy

Post by doggy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:22 pm

Hello Kavinda, this did not work. Please see the Sensis information following:

"Updating a White Pages residential listing

To make changes to your White Pages residential listing you’ll need to contact your landline telephone service provider or mobile phone service provider (depending on the number you wish to change). Unfortunately White Pages cannot make changes to residential contact information without the advice of your service provider."

Regds,
Dave

:cry: :cry: :cry:

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:11 pm

doggy wrote:Hi Kavinda, many thanks for that. I think this should be added as a sentence in the Exetel User Facilities.

Cheers,
Dave
:D :D
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the suggestion and I will request on that.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:14 pm

doggy wrote:Hello Kavinda, this did not work. Please see the Sensis information following:

"Updating a White Pages residential listing

To make changes to your White Pages residential listing you’ll need to contact your landline telephone service provider or mobile phone service provider (depending on the number you wish to change). Unfortunately White Pages cannot make changes to residential contact information without the advice of your service provider."

Regds,
Dave

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Hi Dave,

I will re check with the VoIP team. However as I remember I have advised few other customers in past and they were able to get it done. Unfortunately I don't have any records of that. For what they have told is exactly what we do to PSTN numbers. However did you specify this as a VoIP number to them?

doggy

Post by doggy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:41 pm

Hi Kavinda, yes I tried to fill in their online form but you have to be a telco it would seem.
They list the telcos who can do it but exetel is not on the list ( telstra, optus, iinet....).
The quote i gave you is from their faq for residential white pages listings.
Cheers,
Dave
Ps if anyone reading this has been successful dealing with Sensis direct, please post to this thread.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:00 pm

doggy wrote:Hi Kavinda, yes I tried to fill in their online form but you have to be a telco it would seem.
They list the telcos who can do it but exetel is not on the list ( telstra, optus, iinet....).
The quote i gave you is from their faq for residential white pages listings.
Cheers,
Dave
Ps if anyone reading this has been successful dealing with Sensis direct, please post to this thread.
Hi Dave,

OK, can you try the following as the last thing, which we have uploaded in our website?

http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php? ... TN_to_VoIP check the

“You have to contact Sensis / White Pages Customer Care Inbound Call Centre number directly on 1800 810 211 or can email them at email@sensis.com.au and request to remove the details."

Make sure when you contact them, you specify this is related to a VoIP number.

doggy

Post by doggy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:05 pm

Hi Kavinda,
I will try it. But this says to REMOVE. I am trying to ADD or get back what was there before.

I will report what happens here.

Thanks,
Dave

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:09 pm

doggy wrote:Hi Kavinda,
I will try it. But this says to REMOVE. I am trying to ADD or get back what was there before.

I will report what happens here.

Thanks,
Dave
Hi Dave,

That is fine. You may request them to add and if they advise the same, get a reference number to your conversation and drop me a PM.

doggy

Post by doggy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:10 pm

Thanks Kavinda,
I have emailed them and will let you know what happens.
Cheers,
Dave

doggy

Post by doggy » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:51 pm

Hi Kavinda,
No good!
However, at least I now know that Optus was the culprit in removing us from the white pages, but why I just cannot understand (active Exetel/ADSL2+ package).
Also I do not understand why after almost three months, Optus did not put it back again as Exetel asked them several times.
So, here is their response. Over to Exetel for resolution:

"Hi David,
Thank you for your email requesting amendments to your White Pages directory listing.

We have received a service order from Optus to removed your residential entry under the telephone number xxxxxxxxxx dated 29th July 2016 due to inactive number.

Unfortunately, Sensis is not able to process your requested residential White Pages directory amendment, as all residential listing information comes from telephone service providers. You will need to request the amendment through your phone carrier, who in turn will notify Sensis.

We need to receive what's called a "service/modification order" from your telephone service provider. This is basically an instruction that is sent to us electronically. There are two reasons as to why we can't make the change for you directly - the most important is to protect your privacy. We do not have access to personal records so we cannot authenticate any residential customers. The second is, even if we make the change in our system manually, there is a good chance the details will revert back during an automatic update.

Should you have any further queries please contact our Customer Care team on 1800 810 211.

Kind Regards, "

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:59 am

No good!
Hi David,

Sorry to hear this. I am also not sure why Sensis have changed their processes, as it was clear in past they have advised the customers to directly contact them, when records needs to be added or removed, in a VOIP telephone number service. PM me your details how exactly it needs to be added under the VOIP number in white pages, so I will request this to Sensis on behalf of you and follow up. I will have this escalated next Monday and confirm to you.

doggy

Post by doggy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:41 am

Hi Kavinda,
How is this progressing?
Thanks,
Dave

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:36 pm

How is this progressing?
Thanks,
Dave
Hi Dave,

Currently I am in the progress of change process with them. Mean time can you check and reply back to my PM so I will get things done simultaneously