Changing to higher FTTN plans

Fibre broadband and trials

Changing to higher FTTN plans

Postby doggy on Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:27 pm

Hi,
This is not a problem, but I cannot find a better place for the question.

Has anyone upgraded from 25/5 (or lower) to 100/40 with the realisation that they are NOT going to get 100 down but are likely to get better than 25 down, based on DSL line stats?

In which case, how did it go? Did you get what you expected or that the modem predicted?

Regards,
Dave
doggy
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:18 pm
Location: Avalon, NSW

Re: Changing to higher FTTN plans

Postby HimaJ on Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:42 pm

Hi Dave,

We could see that currently you are in 25/5 plan, and also you are having a VDSL (FTTN) service. If you are planing to go for a higher plan - if there are issues after changing the plans , send us the sync rates / speed-test results where we can investigate and assist you to get the best speeds.
HimaJ
Exetel Staff
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:15 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Changing to higher FTTN plans

Postby sky73x on Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:11 pm

In a similar vein to this question, is there the chance of Exetel offering 50mbps plans?

Where I am located and via modem stats, I could get around 50mbps down (modem usually reports closer to 60mbps attainable).
sky73x
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:02 pm
Location: Newcastle, NSW

Re: Changing to higher FTTN plans

Postby James on Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:24 am

sky73x wrote:In a similar vein to this question, is there the chance of Exetel offering 50mbps plans?

Where I am located and via modem stats, I could get around 50mbps down (modem usually reports closer to 60mbps attainable).


We won't be offering 50Mbps plans.
James
Exetel Staff
 
Posts: 3383
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: Changing to higher FTTN plans

Postby doggy on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:27 am

For anyone else interested, I did upgrade from my 25/5 to 100/40 even though I knew that I would likely only get maximum of 50/16 sync. But I was happy to pay for the speed increase such as it was, particularly upstream.

I am pleased to advise that the speeds I got were exactly the same as the attainable rates reported by the modem. So, around 51/16.5. From the tones graph, the use of ADSL2+ spectrum is reduced during this coexistence period and therefore I am confident that I will get an increase in speed as more people in the street drop off ADSL2 and ultimately the coexistence period concludes.

VDSL2 stability has been fine.

Regards,
Dave
doggy
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:18 pm
Location: Avalon, NSW

Re: Changing to higher FTTN plans

Postby huh2? on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:12 pm

sky73x wrote:In a similar vein to this question, is there the chance of Exetel offering 50mbps plans?

Where I am located and via modem stats, I could get around 50mbps down (modem usually reports closer to 60mbps attainable).


I just created this account (after not being able to recall my old original forum account pwd) to ask a similar question.

James wrote:We won't be offering 50Mbps plans.


This is a real shame.

I am in the very similar position with modem showing potential for around 70Mbps down - maybe call it a "lucky" NBN node lotto "win" to see that potential speed.

I do not wish to pay an extra $20 per month for 100/40 that I will not get but would pay an extra $10 per month for 50/20 and same 500GB download I have now.

Not really wanting to leave Exetel having been a customer for ~13 years but it seems a very likely possibility with no 50/20 plans available here.
huh2?
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:18 pm
Location: home

Re: Changing to higher FTTN plans

Postby huh2? on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:14 pm

doggy wrote:I am pleased to advise that the speeds I got were exactly the same as the attainable rates reported by the modem.


This is good to hear.
Hope it is still going well for you.
huh2?
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:18 pm
Location: home

Re: Changing to higher FTTN plans

Postby KavindaS on Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:29 pm

huh2? wrote:
I am in the very similar position with modem showing potential for around 70Mbps down - maybe call it a "lucky" NBN node lotto "win" to see that potential speed.

I do not wish to pay an extra $20 per month for 100/40 that I will not get but would pay an extra $10 per month for 50/20 and same 500GB download I have now.

Not really wanting to leave Exetel having been a customer for ~13 years but it seems a very likely possibility with no 50/20 plans available here.


50/20 plans are under discussion. We will update if any positive outcome in the future.
User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
 
Posts: 1410
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Changing to higher FTTN plans

Postby huh2? on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:40 pm

KavindaS wrote:50/20 plans are under discussion. We will update if any positive outcome in the future.


Thanks for the reply, gives some hope.

Hopefully it is the near future as I will be making a decision in the next few weeks.
huh2?
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:18 pm
Location: home


Return to Fibre services

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests