Slow download of movies to Apple TV

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
Seahorse

Slow download of movies to Apple TV

Post by Seahorse » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:46 pm

I transitioned to NBN around 6 months ago. I am a long term Exetel customer.

Since moving to NBN, movie downloads from Apple TV have slowed to the point where they are no longer viable...(who wants to wait seven plus hours for a movie to download). Even viewing movie trailers have become exercise in frustration, and these are normally only two minute snippets.

Prior to moving to NBN, movie downloads on our Exetel ADSL from Apple TV were instantly viewable with no buffering delays.

I would appreciate if EXETEL could provide some explanation for this delay and possibly suggest some method to remedy the situation.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Slow download of movies to Apple TV

Post by KavindaS » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:52 pm

Seahorse wrote:I transitioned to NBN around 6 months ago. I am a long term Exetel customer.

Since moving to NBN, movie downloads from Apple TV have slowed to the point where they are no longer viable...(who wants to wait seven plus hours for a movie to download). Even viewing movie trailers have become exercise in frustration, and these are normally only two minute snippets.

Prior to moving to NBN, movie downloads on our Exetel ADSL from Apple TV were instantly viewable with no buffering delays.

I would appreciate if EXETEL could provide some explanation for this delay and possibly suggest some method to remedy the situation.
I refer to the ticket id 11168713. It appears to be you have contacted us on 18th January and you have confirmed the speeds were fine at the end of the call, when there were no changes were made from the support engineer. However since your speed issue is still persisting, we will further analyse and email you with the required tests through the same ticket. Reply back to the same email with the test results and the troubleshooting completed.

Seahorse

Post by Seahorse » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:30 pm

Thank you for your quick response and follow up email, which I will address at the first opportunity.

Further to my contact with the support engineer on the 18th of January, my recollection of the conversation, was that he had actually done something to improve the speed....I also recall spending a reasonable period of time on hold while he looked into the problem. When he asked if there was any improvement, I replied that I though things may have been quicker. This was based on my opening up a couple of web sites, as suggested by him. You have to understand that I had no way of actually quantifying any improvement in speed at that time.

Am I to understand from your response, that in fact, nothing was actually done at the time by the service engineer and yet I was still asked to open some web sites to gauge if there was an improvement in performance...??

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:05 pm

Seahorse wrote:Thank you for your quick response and follow up email, which I will address at the first opportunity.

Further to my contact with the support engineer on the 18th of January, my recollection of the conversation, was that he had actually done something to improve the speed....I also recall spending a reasonable period of time on hold while he looked into the problem. When he asked if there was any improvement, I replied that I though things may have been quicker. This was based on my opening up a couple of web sites, as suggested by him. You have to understand that I had no way of actually quantifying any improvement in speed at that time.

Am I to understand from your response, that in fact, nothing was actually done at the time by the service engineer and yet I was still asked to open some web sites to gauge if there was an improvement in performance...??
As I said I have referred the relevant ticket comments in related the phone conversation. Clearly there were no changes we made from Exetel systems or the supplier network. However we understand that the issue is persisting as you have mentioned and we have already sent you an email (ticket id 11168713) by detailing tests we require. Reply back to the email with the results attached clearly and we will look in to this further.

Seahorse

Post by Seahorse » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:27 am

Tests completed as requested and returned via email.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:33 pm

Seahorse wrote:Tests completed as requested and returned via email.
Test results have received and we will proceed with the investigations. If we requires further information only, we will reply back to the same email.