VOIP Activation Time

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
squeakytown

VOIP Activation Time

Post by squeakytown » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:20 pm

Hi,

Our local surfclub have been on the NBN 30 days now (end of March), and are still waiting on the VOIP switch over.
Exetel Sales have been asked twice what the hold up is and the reply both times is 'we are on the list'...

I have been part of a number of Exetel signups in my area since December last year and the longest was 1 week between NBN and VOIP activation.

The main concern is that the surf club (100% not for profit community funded service) is paying for a double service still - both NBN and ADSL2 - in advance.
The plan was to swap the Exetel $40 ADSL2 with the Exetel $40 NBN monthly plans, and now we have been billed $80 for April and $80 for May.
While Exetel have said they will refund the ADSL2 portions of the paid amounts when the VOIP is eventually? swapped over , we are still paying extra for a service (phone) which is included for free under the NBN.

Can you please advise why there is a hold up on swapping the phone service to VOIP?

Thanks
Dave

HimaJ
Exetel Staff

Re: VOIP Activation Time

Post by HimaJ » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:40 pm

Please PM us the VoIP number that you are referring. We are following up your case via the ticket number : 11087819

Exetel apologies for the inconvenience may have caused by this.

HimaJ
Exetel Staff

Post by HimaJ » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:31 pm

Thanks for your PM.

Exetel is currently looking into this via the ticket number : 11087819. You will receive a response shortly.

squeakytown

Post by squeakytown » Mon May 08, 2017 8:53 pm

Thanks for raising the ticket.

It's been 6 business days since the ticket was raised and I have not been contacted by phone or email.

Dave

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon May 08, 2017 11:15 pm

squeakytown wrote:Thanks for raising the ticket.

It's been 6 business days since the ticket was raised and I have not been contacted by phone or email.

Dave
We will check and update you before close of business tomorrow.

squeakytown

Post by squeakytown » Tue May 09, 2017 3:18 pm

Thank you very much.
Over my 20 years with Exetel I have come to rely on the Exetel forum admins for prompt responses and actions. Your the reason I have stayed with Exetel.
Great job guys!

Exetel support emailed to advise the VoIP had been already complete.

Although I have two email addresses against the client neither appear to have received an email that Exetel say they sent on the 5th.
Either way VoIP is now live and working.

Interestingly the phone service entry has been removed from the Surf clubs new Exetel account (it also has the nbn and adsl2 services) and the VoIP service has appeared against our old Exetel account - where the hosting and DNS services are shown.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue May 09, 2017 5:03 pm

squeakytown wrote:Thank you very much.
Over my 20 years with Exetel I have come to rely on the Exetel forum admins for prompt responses and actions. Your the reason I have stayed with Exetel.
Great job guys!
Thank you for the feedback and we really appreciate that :D
squeakytown wrote:Although I have two email addresses against the client neither appear to have received an email that Exetel say they sent on the 5th.
Either way VoIP is now live and working.
We apologise for not receiving the email and however it is glad to hear the service working now.
squeakytown wrote:Interestingly the phone service entry has been removed from the Surf clubs new Exetel account (it also has the nbn and adsl2 services) and the VoIP service has appeared against our old Exetel account - where the hosting and DNS services are shown.
To have the customer IDs changed or merged, you may have to drop an email to billing department (billing@exetel.com.au) with the respective service IDs.