NBN Modem Recommendations

Modem setup, reviews and questions (All brands, including wireless modems)
matave

NBN Modem Recommendations

Post by matave » Fri May 12, 2017 3:26 pm

Currently an Exetel ADSL customer but making the switch to the NBN soon (FTTN) and I would just like to hear recommendations for NBN modems with VOIP. The ZTE modem currently on offer is not an option.

Thanks in advance...

Mandy
Exetel Staff

Re: NBN Modem Recommendations

Post by Mandy » Fri May 12, 2017 4:26 pm

Hi,

In order to use the FTTN service you must use a NBN certified VDSL modem. The modem that we provide(ZTE) is NBN certified and VDSL compatible. If you purchase your own modem, there is a very high chance that it wouldn’t work. Exetel will not be able to support the FTTN service on other modems.

matave

Post by matave » Fri May 12, 2017 5:40 pm

Yep. I know that I need an NBN certified modem but I'm not interested in the ZTE. Prior to the ZTE what modems VDSL/VOIP modems did Exetel recommend? From what I can understand Netcomm was one brand. What Netcomm models does Exetel support? Were there any others?

Amila Fernando
Forum Admin

Post by Amila Fernando » Fri May 12, 2017 5:58 pm

matave wrote:Yep. I know that I need an NBN certified modem but I'm not interested in the ZTE. Prior to the ZTE what modems VDSL/VOIP modems did Exetel recommend? From what I can understand Netcomm was one brand. What Netcomm models does Exetel support? Were there any others?
Following 2 modems have been certified to work and are registered with NBN.

- Netcom NF4V
- Netcom NF10WV
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

matave

Post by matave » Fri May 12, 2017 6:22 pm

Thanks very much for the reply.

One last question. If I transfer from ADSL to NBN do I retain all email addresses associated with my account?

Amila Fernando
Forum Admin

Post by Amila Fernando » Fri May 12, 2017 7:01 pm

matave wrote:Thanks very much for the reply.

One last question. If I transfer from ADSL to NBN do I retain all email addresses associated with my account?
Yes, we can transfer all email addresses to new NBN account. :)
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================