Access denied - Unable to connect wordpress

Web hosting, FTP/database access, mirror services and hosted blogs
shanport

Access denied - Unable to connect wordpress

Post by shanport » Tue May 23, 2017 6:23 pm

Hi
I have uploaded wordpress to my webspace and when trying to setup wordpress reports the username and password are correct but cant find the database.
We were able to connect to the database server (which means your username and password is okay) but not able to select the fwdbu11238 database.
I then log on to mydbadmin.home.exetel.com.au i use the same username and password but when i try to run SQL commands i get access denied.

Could you please check my account has the correct permissions as it appears the account is read only.

thanks, Shannon

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Access denied - Unable to connect wordpress

Post by KavindaS » Tue May 23, 2017 7:02 pm

shanport wrote:Hi
I have uploaded wordpress to my webspace and when trying to setup wordpress reports the username and password are correct but cant find the database.
We were able to connect to the database server (which means your username and password is okay) but not able to select the fwdbu11238 database.
I then log on to mydbadmin.home.exetel.com.au i use the same username and password but when i try to run SQL commands i get access denied.

Could you please check my account has the correct permissions as it appears the account is read only.

thanks, Shannon
Hi Shannon,

Forward an email with the full SQL error you get to hosting@exetel.com.au and we will check on that.

shanport

Post by shanport » Wed May 24, 2017 11:36 am

Hi,
I will send you a screen shot of the error but now i am unable to login, yesterday i was connecting in over an Exetel connection, but today i cant connect over a different ISP at work.
I have even tried on my smartphone and that is also reporting access denied for user. I can bring up the login screen but get access denied.
Are logins to mydbadmin.home.exetel.com.au restricted to users on the Exetel network?

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed May 24, 2017 2:02 pm

shanport wrote:Hi,
I will send you a screen shot of the error but now i am unable to login, yesterday i was connecting in over an Exetel connection, but today i cant connect over a different ISP at work.
I have even tried on my smartphone and that is also reporting access denied for user. I can bring up the login screen but get access denied.
Are logins to mydbadmin.home.exetel.com.au restricted to users on the Exetel network?
I have checked this further with our system administrators. In that case when you are emailing, send the login details of your mydbadmin.home.exetel.com.au so they could check and reply back to you. Once you have emailed, update this tread with the received ticket number and I will follow up with them.

shanport

Post by shanport » Wed May 24, 2017 3:41 pm

I have a ticket number it is
#11617299#

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed May 24, 2017 7:15 pm

shanport wrote:I have a ticket number it is
#11617299#
Thanks and I have updated the ticket. Could see that we have checked and replied to you. Please communicate through the same email thread.