Exetel GEO location data out of date

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
trev

Exetel GEO location data out of date

Post by trev » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:10 pm

I gave 30 days notice to cancel my Exetel services at the start of May and noticed that I lost access to my VOIP service. Turned out that it was because Exetel thought my new IP address from my new RSP was "outside Australia". I meant to notify y'all, but it slipped my mind.

The same thing happened when I logged into MyExetel to track down my last tax invoice - it thinks I am outside Australia.

My new RSP is Telecube and the IP address is in the 103.78.157.xxx address range which Maxmind's geo-location database assures me is:

$ geoiplookup 103.78.157.0
GeoIP Country Edition: AU, Australia

in Australia, just not whatever database Exetel is using :)

Obviously this is no longer a big deal for me, but I thought you might like to perhaps look at updating tour geo-location database to account for such things.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Exetel GEO location data out of date

Post by KavindaS » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:15 pm

trev wrote:I gave 30 days notice to cancel my Exetel services at the start of May and noticed that I lost access to my VOIP service. Turned out that it was because Exetel thought my new IP address from my new RSP was "outside Australia". I meant to notify y'all, but it slipped my mind.

The same thing happened when I logged into MyExetel to track down my last tax invoice - it thinks I am outside Australia.

My new RSP is Telecube and the IP address is in the 103.78.157.xxx address range which Maxmind's geo-location database assures me is:

$ geoiplookup 103.78.157.0
GeoIP Country Edition: AU, Australia

in Australia, just not whatever database Exetel is using :)

Obviously this is no longer a big deal for me, but I thought you might like to perhaps look at updating tour geo-location database to account for such things.
Thank you for sharing this with us and I have forward this suggestion to our Developing team. :)