Persistent Bondi Beach service failures

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
mortshag

Persistent Bondi Beach service failures

Post by mortshag » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:42 pm

I have been a long time Exetel user and have seen the service quality decline. I am also an an IEEE member and in my view there is a massive provisioning problem going on here. I have kept screen dumps of system outages (I'm doing this on an Aldi mobile i.e. Telstra hotspot) and it gets boring recording them, The service quality has noticeably declined in the past few years as Bondi has been saturated with more tourists, Air Bnb etc. My street can access NBN through TPG but I've had no contact from Exetel yet. I will bet my left Jatz cracker that under NBN I will still experience inability to access the network at peak times in the morning and afternoon/evenings. The competitors will probably be as bad because they are all playing the same games behind the scenes. My maths website hosted in Chicago has never been down in 10 years - ever - yet I am depowering the modem many times a day just to get access and I am a few hundred metres from the exchange. Voyager 1's signals still get received and processed by NASA notwithstanding it is beyond the heliosphere yet the Australian telco industry cannot even provide a reliable basic internet service. Everyone is being paid too much for sub-standard performance.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Persistent Bondi Beach service failures

Post by KavindaS » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:52 pm

mortshag wrote:I have been a long time Exetel user and have seen the service quality decline. I am also an an IEEE member and in my view there is a massive provisioning problem going on here. I have kept screen dumps of system outages (I'm doing this on an Aldi mobile i.e. Telstra hotspot) and it gets boring recording them, The service quality has noticeably declined in the past few years as Bondi has been saturated with more tourists, Air Bnb etc. My street can access NBN through TPG but I've had no contact from Exetel yet. I will bet my left Jatz cracker that under NBN I will still experience inability to access the network at peak times in the morning and afternoon/evenings. The competitors will probably be as bad because they are all playing the same games behind the scenes. My maths website hosted in Chicago has never been down in 10 years - ever - yet I am depowering the modem many times a day just to get access and I am a few hundred metres from the exchange. Voyager 1's signals still get received and processed by NASA notwithstanding it is beyond the heliosphere yet the Australian telco industry cannot even provide a reliable basic internet service. Everyone is being paid too much for sub-standard performance.
Exetel apologise for the inconvenience may have caused on this. Could you please PM me your 10 digit service number or any ticket id where I check on this?

mortshag

Post by mortshag » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:33 am

PM attempted to be sent 17/8 but stuck in outbox for reasons I cannot fathom (although I recall this has happened to me before). Tried again today but same problem - stuck in outbox. Must be some weird issue with my profile.

HimaJ
Exetel Staff

Post by HimaJ » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:59 pm

mortshag wrote:PM attempted to be sent 17/8 but stuck in outbox for reasons I cannot fathom (although I recall this has happened to me before). Tried again today but same problem - stuck in outbox. Must be some weird issue with my profile.
Can you please try to PM the service number to me where I can look into the matter. If you experience the same issue - stuck in outbox - let us know, we will check whether is there any issue with your profile.

Exetel apologies for the inconvenience may have caused by this.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:55 pm

mortshag wrote:PM attempted to be sent 17/8 but stuck in outbox for reasons I cannot fathom (although I recall this has happened to me before). Tried again today but same problem - stuck in outbox. Must be some weird issue with my profile.
PM has received and we are currently working on the reported service issue via the email tickets reference 11952341. Senior engineer will be emailing you today and reply back to the same email with the requested test results.