Porting my mother-in-law's phone

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
Pfitzy

Porting my mother-in-law's phone

Post by Pfitzy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:30 pm

Provisioning #12148478 - Re: Mobile Service Awaiting Activation - 0411241002

I helped my mother-in-law with getting a new Exetel service so she could save money versus the $30 prepaid she had with Optus. I am the authorised representative.

We had to keep the same number because changing all her government/banking info is all there and changing that as well as her personal contacts would be a big issue.

Now the site is telling me up to three business days to port an OPTUS number to the OPTUS Exetel network.

That seems a long time. Can someone please advise current status?
Friendly fire, isn't...

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Porting my mother-in-law's phone

Post by KavindaS » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:27 pm

Pfitzy wrote:Provisioning #12148478 - Re: Mobile Service Awaiting Activation - 0411241002

I helped my mother-in-law with getting a new Exetel service so she could save money versus the $30 prepaid she had with Optus. I am the authorised representative.

We had to keep the same number because changing all her government/banking info is all there and changing that as well as her personal contacts would be a big issue.

Now the site is telling me up to three business days to port an OPTUS number to the OPTUS Exetel network.

That seems a long time. Can someone please advise current status?
Service status still pending in the system and I have escalated with our Provisioning Manager to check this as the first thing tomorrow morning and update you through the same ticket # 12148478

Pfitzy

Post by Pfitzy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:48 pm

Thank you.
Friendly fire, isn't...

Pfitzy

Post by Pfitzy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:00 pm

The phone is still showing "SOS Only" (iPhone). I walked her through checking the APN and it has "yesinternet".

Is there something else I can check?
Friendly fire, isn't...

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:00 pm

Pfitzy wrote:The phone is still showing "SOS Only" (iPhone). I walked her through checking the APN and it has "yesinternet".

Is there something else I can check?
I have further checked with the activation team. Optus who confirmed that from an Account setup level everything seems fine, hence to advise that you to do a isolation test and if the sim-card works in a different mobile phone (Unlocked one), then your mobile handset. If the sim-card does not work in another unlocked mobile then we will have to send another sim-card.