ADSL2+Slower than Dial Up

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
PM88

ADSL2+Slower than Dial Up

Post by PM88 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:37 pm

Hi Exetel Team,

Over the last couple of days I have been plagued with extremely slow, dial up like speeds.

I have been troubleshooting many things from my router/modem firmware, rolling back the recent Microsoft Creators Update and even purchasing a new AC wireless adapter.

Reinstalled all the settings into my M/Router and even disconnected/reconnected all phones (1) and filters (1) and isolated each, all this yet producing the same results.

Can one of the friendly team members get in touch and perform the best harry potter magic trick ever to bring my internet back to ADSL2+?

I understand the NBN team has been in my street rolling out FTTC, have you been doing testing over the last couple of days?

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: ADSL2+Slower than Dial Up

Post by KavindaS » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:56 pm

PM88 wrote:Hi Exetel Team,

Over the last couple of days I have been plagued with extremely slow, dial up like speeds.

I have been troubleshooting many things from my router/modem firmware, rolling back the recent Microsoft Creators Update and even purchasing a new AC wireless adapter.

Reinstalled all the settings into my M/Router and even disconnected/reconnected all phones (1) and filters (1) and isolated each, all this yet producing the same results.

Can one of the friendly team members get in touch and perform the best harry potter magic trick ever to bring my internet back to ADSL2+?

I understand the NBN team has been in my street rolling out FTTC, have you been doing testing over the last couple of days?
Please note that I have checked the service through the supplier systems and indicates the modem is currently achieving a sync rate of over 18M from the connected Dslam. However I have performed a port reset from the Dslam and you may power reboot the modem and monitor the connection. If the issue is persisting, perform few speed tests in random times from http://speedtest.exetel.com.au/ and send us an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au in attached with the test results.

PM88

Post by PM88 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:22 pm

Thanks KavindaS,

I will reboot my M/Router later this afternoon.

Many thanks

PM88

Post by PM88 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:36 pm

KavindaS wrote:
PM88 wrote:...... If the issue is persisting, perform few speed tests in random times from http://speedtest.exetel.com.au/ and send us an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au in attached with the test results.
Hi KavindaS,

I performed the reboot but still having a bad time getting full speed over the network.

An email was recently sent off to the residentalsupport email address.

When will you guys be opening up FTTC NBN connections in my area? I am keen to jump on a 100/40 plan

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:05 am

PM88 wrote:
KavindaS wrote:
PM88 wrote:...... If the issue is persisting, perform few speed tests in random times from http://speedtest.exetel.com.au/ and send us an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au in attached with the test results.
Hi KavindaS,

I performed the reboot but still having a bad time getting full speed over the network.

An email was recently sent off to the residentalsupport email address.
Could you please reply and provide me the exact email ticket reference number you have received and I will investigate.
PM88 wrote:When will you guys be opening up FTTC NBN connections in my area? I am keen to jump on a 100/40 plan
I will check with the sales department and inform you on that.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:00 pm

KavindaS wrote:
PM88 wrote:When will you guys be opening up FTTC NBN connections in my area? I am keen to jump on a 100/40 plan
I will check with the sales department and inform you on that.
As per the checks done it appears that the FTTC services are planned to be serviced to you location however it is not yet available.