Just wanted to known have anyone been successful getting Fritzbox 7390 to work by connect directly to the Arris modem on Exetel NBN HFC
Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
1. Use a Network Cable (RJ-45) to connect the LAN port on the HFC Device to the "LAN 1" port on the FRITZ!Box.
2. Click "Internet" option in the FRITZ!Box user interface - http://fritz.box/
3. Click "Account Information" in the "Internet" menu.
4. Check whether your Internet Service Provider (Exetel) is displayed in the drop-down list. With some regional settings, not all of the preconfigured Internet Service Providers are displayed until you select "More internet service providers".
4.1. If your Internet Service Provider (Exetel) is displayed in the drop-down list:
a. Select your Internet Service Provider (Exetel).
b. If account information is required, enter the account information you received from your Internet Service Provider (Exetel) in the corresponding fields.
c. Click on "Change Connection Settings".
d. Enable the option "Via an External Modem" in the "Internet Connection" section if it is displayed.
4.2 If your Internet Service Provider (Exetel) is not displayed in the drop-down list:
a. Select "Other Internet Service Provider".
b. Enable the option "Connection to an External Modem or Router" in the "Connection" area.
c. Enable the option "Establish own connection to the internet" in the "Operating Mode" section.
d. As account information is required, enter the account information you received from your Internet Service Provider (Exetel) in the corresponding fields.
e. If your internet service provider requires you to use a particular VLAN ID, click on "Change connection settings", enable the option "Use VLAN for internet access", and enter the VLAN ID. But note that Exetel services don't associate with any VLAN, hence make sure to turn off VLAN option or enter the value as "0".
5. Enter the speeds of your internet connection in the "Downstream" and "Upstream" fields.
6. Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Kindly note that for further/advanced modem related configurations it's recommended to contact the relevant modem manufacturer directly to get better assistance.