deleting emails?

Email setup and troubleshooting
techoff2

deleting emails?

Post by techoff2 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:56 pm

I use Thunderbird as my email application.
Can I have an explanation of what happens when I delete emails and empty the trash in Thunderbird and have my option set to remove emails from the server after 14 days.
But I still have to go to my Webmail and purge it or else my mail box reports that it is full. 40 Mb limit.
Little confused about this.

Thanks

KrishanK
Exetel Staff

Re: deleting emails?

Post by KrishanK » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:00 pm

techoff2 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:56 pm
I use Thunderbird as my email application.
Can I have an explanation of what happens when I delete emails and empty the trash in Thunderbird and have my option set to remove emails from the server after 14 days.
But I still have to go to my Webmail and purge it or else my mail box reports that it is full. 40 Mb limit.
Little confused about this.

Thanks
This can be set accordingly your requirement and in fact it needs to be configured the Mozilla Thunderbird Client Application only, which is called "double-deletion". You may get a better idea of how to configure this, if you follow through the below link: https://www.lifewire.com/auto-remove-ol ... rd-1173112

techoff2

Post by techoff2 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:27 pm

So will this mean I don't have to delete anything in my webmail account, it will be done automatically by Thunderbird?

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:04 am

techoff2 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:27 pm
So will this mean I don't have to delete anything in my webmail account, it will be done automatically by Thunderbird?
Yes, however for that you need set it up accordingly. In addition to that you can check and remove the option for the leave a copy, so the emails won't store in the webmail once it has been downloaded to your email client.