ADSL2 speeds in Dural NSW

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Post Reply
mycustompc
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:44 pm
Location: Dural

ADSL2 speeds in Dural NSW

Post by mycustompc » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:40 am

Hi,
I have recently moved to Dural in NSW and my ADSL2 spped is around 3.2-3.4mb/s.
This seems really slow. I have isolated all other devices from my modem and have also tried it with and without the line filter.
Can the team please conduct a test on my area to advise if there are any issues?

Regards,
GM

James
Exetel Staff
Posts: 1985
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: ADSL2 speeds in Dural NSW

Post by James » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:18 pm

Dural is one of the worst places for ADSL, you are likely very far from the exchange; https://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au/

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2376
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: ADSL2 speeds in Dural NSW

Post by KavindaS » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:27 pm

mycustompc wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:40 am
Hi,
I have recently moved to Dural in NSW and my ADSL2 spped is around 3.2-3.4mb/s.
This seems really slow. I have isolated all other devices from my modem and have also tried it with and without the line filter.
Can the team please conduct a test on my area to advise if there are any issues?

Regards,
GM
You may have to PM me your service number, for us to perform a line test and check if the sync rates are acceptable due to the distance from the exchange, or to isolate for possible line errors.

mycustompc
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:44 pm
Location: Dural

Re: ADSL2 speeds in Dural NSW

Post by mycustompc » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:09 pm

Hi Kavina,
I sent you PM with number.
Thanks,
GM

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2376
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: ADSL2 speeds in Dural NSW

Post by KavindaS » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:53 pm

mycustompc wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:09 pm
Hi Kavina,
I sent you PM with number.
Thanks,
GM
Thank you. I will check on the service and provide you a feedback accordingly.

mycustompc
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:44 pm
Location: Dural

Re: ADSL2 speeds in Dural NSW

Post by mycustompc » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:43 pm

Hi Kavinda,
Any update please on the testing as my speeds are still below par?
Regards,
GM

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2376
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: ADSL2 speeds in Dural NSW

Post by KavindaS » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:22 pm

mycustompc wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:43 pm
Hi Kavinda,
Any update please on the testing as my speeds are still below par?
Regards,
GM
Hi,

Extremely sorry for the delay in response. I have checked the service before and performed few tests. Checking through the supplier systems shows the modem synced at 4M speed , and that is within the acceptable range at a distance of 4.1km from the exchange. However, looking at the metallic line test results, we could see few put of specification parameters. Therefore, i have arranged one of the support engineers to contact you tomorrow and complete the troubleshooting.

mycustompc
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:44 pm
Location: Dural

Re: ADSL2 speeds in Dural NSW

Post by mycustompc » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:30 pm

Hi,

I now have no line speed at all. DSL is connected but no internet for last 4 days. This is unacceptable.

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2376
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: ADSL2 speeds in Dural NSW

Post by KavindaS » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:53 am

mycustompc wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:30 pm
Hi,

I now have no line speed at all. DSL is connected but no internet for last 4 days. This is unacceptable.
Thanks for letting us know. We’re sorry you've had experience with Exetel so far. I have performed a port re sync on your service and therefore, power reboot the modem and re check the service. If the issue persists contact Exetel or provide feedback and we will check accordingly.

mycustompc
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:44 pm
Location: Dural

Re: ADSL2 speeds in Dural NSW

Post by mycustompc » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:52 am

Done a full power reset. Left modem with power source unplugged for 3 minutes. Reconnected. Waited 5 minutes before DSL light came solid. Tested internet and no speeds could be detected. No web pages could be connected to.

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2376
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: ADSL2 speeds in Dural NSW

Post by KavindaS » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:03 pm

mycustompc wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:52 am
Done a full power reset. Left modem with power source unplugged for 3 minutes. Reconnected. Waited 5 minutes before DSL light came solid. Tested internet and no speeds could be detected. No web pages could be connected to.
We need to investigate further on this. Therefore, I will get an engineer to contact you.

Post Reply