How to cancel existing NBN service?

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
bjc

How to cancel existing NBN service?

Post by bjc » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:55 am

As the heading says....I cannot find the "cancel service" tab in the myexetel area? Do I need to email Exetel support telling them to cancel my NBN service as I will not call due to 30min+ wait times on a mobile phone only to be dropped out or hung up on!

Regards,
Brett

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: How to cancel existing NBN service?

Post by KavindaS » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:43 am

bjc wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:55 am
As the heading says....I cannot find the "cancel service" tab in the myexetel area? Do I need to email Exetel support telling them to cancel my NBN service as I will not call due to 30min+ wait times on a mobile phone only to be dropped out or hung up on!

Regards,
Brett
You may email to one of the below email addresses, from your account nominated email addresses, requesting the cancellation and we will reply accordingly.

residentialsales@exetel.com.au
provisioning@exetel.com.au
residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Kindly note that you don't need to wait on a long call queue, since you have an option to select the call back feature.

bjc

Post by bjc » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:54 pm

Thanks for the quick reply but I also do not call as I cannot understand English spoken South Asians (Sri Lanka, etc).

Regards,
Brett

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:14 pm

bjc wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:54 pm
Thanks for the quick reply but I also do not call as I cannot understand English spoken South Asians (Sri Lanka, etc).

Regards,
Brett
I have referred to the email ticket reference 13847204 and we have already emailed you with the details you need to agree. Reply back to the same email to process further with your cancellation request.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:39 pm

There is no wait time at all, not sure why you think it's 30 minutes plus and calls drop out, we publish our stats here; https://www.exetel.com.au/contactus

bjc

Post by bjc » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:16 pm

You can publish your bullshit stats all you like and as I've said "with ACTUAL personal experience" my last two calls I made to exetel support I waited 30min+ for the first call and the line dropped out and the second call at 20mins only to have the person say they'd put me through to whoever and disconnected me! I've never NOT waited less than 20mins in all my current years with Exetel.
For your information also my mobile phone is with Exetel........

Exetel neither supports it's current members, long term or otherwise with higher priced plans than what's available to new comers so it obviously does not want to keep it's current members.

While you decided to deflect I'll also add that your regional price for NBN is total bull and just another reason to try and milk money from customers. Regional fees went out with the with the installation of the NBN and especially with FTTP, you only have to look at the other ISP's for their regional pricing which is the same as any major city.....

nilushid
Exetel Staff

Post by nilushid » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:43 pm

bjc wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:16 pm
You can publish your bullshit stats all you like and as I've said "with ACTUAL personal experience" my last two calls I made to exetel support I waited 30min+ for the first call and the line dropped out and the second call at 20mins only to have the person say they'd put me through to whoever and disconnected me! I've never NOT waited less than 20mins in all my current years with Exetel.
For your information also my mobile phone is with Exetel........
We do apologize for any inconveniences caused to you while contacting Exetel. Please not that it is not Exetel intention to make you frustrated over these kind of issues. You are more than welcome to use the "call back" option if you are unable to wait on the Que. Also we are currently waiting for you to respond to the email (Ref 13847204) with regards to the cancellation. Please get back to us asap.

bjc wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:16 pm
Exetel neither supports it's current members, long term or otherwise with higher priced plans than what's available to new comers so it obviously does not want to keep it's current members.

While you decided to deflect I'll also add that your regional price for NBN is total bull and just another reason to try and milk money from customers. Regional fees went out with the with the installation of the NBN and especially with FTTP, you only have to look at the other ISP's for their regional pricing which is the same as any major city.....
Our sales agents will get back to you with regards to the questions you have with Exetel plans.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:49 am

1. The call stats are LIVE from our phone system, at times yes there is a wait, but most times ths is minimal.

2. Exetel has always provided the best value in the market for current, short and long term customers.

3. It costs more to provide a service in regional Australia on NBN than metro, it's called backhaul.... The more regional the location the less options, the higher the cost.