New Email Client

Email setup and troubleshooting
Post Reply
petahb
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:06 pm
Location: Bathurst

New Email Client

Post by petahb » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:53 am

Thanks for telling me the new address for exemail. I friend found it for me by... I wont say hacking, but in a similar way. Where have my addresses gone? Why can I no longer delete messages en-mass? Why can I no longer send emails to more than one addressee? I have barely started to use it and already I am totally confused. It is unlike any email client I have ever used. How about an wiki or FAQ, might help us older people. I feel like finding a new email client.

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2126
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: New Email Client

Post by KavindaS » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:50 am

petahb wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:53 am
Thanks for telling me the new address for exemail. I friend found it for me by... I wont say hacking, but in a similar way. Where have my addresses gone? Why can I no longer delete messages en-mass? Why can I no longer send emails to more than one addressee? I have barely started to use it and already I am totally confused. It is unlike any email client I have ever used. How about an wiki or FAQ, might help us older people. I feel like finding a new email client.
Exetel apologies for the inconvenience may have caused here. We will check this with our system administrators and provide you a feedback.

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2126
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: New Email Client

Post by KavindaS » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:04 pm

KavindaS wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:50 am
petahb wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:53 am
Thanks for telling me the new address for exemail. I friend found it for me by... I wont say hacking, but in a similar way. Where have my addresses gone? Why can I no longer delete messages en-mass? Why can I no longer send emails to more than one addressee? I have barely started to use it and already I am totally confused. It is unlike any email client I have ever used. How about an wiki or FAQ, might help us older people. I feel like finding a new email client.
Exetel apologies for the inconvenience may have caused here. We will check this with our system administrators and provide you a feedback.
I have further checked this with a test email account and have found the below solutions for you.

Where have my addresses gone - Click the contacts on the top right hand corner to view the addresses.

Why can I no longer delete messages en-mass? - Click "Select" in bottom of the page and click "All". This will select all the emails and you can click on delete. If you need to select multiple emails before deleting, select one email and then by holding the Ctrl key, select the other emails that you need to move or delete.

Why can I no longer send emails to more than one addressee? - This is also possible, where you need to separate by a (,) and add multiple email addresses when sending an email.

daptokid
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:19 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: New Email Client

Post by daptokid » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:54 am

Kavinda, your reply as it relates to deleting individual emails via the webmail interface works when on a computer but how can one achieve the same result on a smart phone? There is no facility to hold down the control key as on a computer. In the previous incarnation of webmail one could mark individual email items and then delete those marked en masse by pressing on the delete key. It seems this functionality is no longer available

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2126
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: New Email Client

Post by KavindaS » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:58 pm

daptokid wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:54 am
Kavinda, your reply as it relates to deleting individual emails via the webmail interface works when on a computer but how can one achieve the same result on a smart phone? There is no facility to hold down the control key as on a computer. In the previous incarnation of webmail one could mark individual email items and then delete those marked en masse by pressing on the delete key. It seems this functionality is no longer available
Exetel apologies for the delay in reply here. I will have this further test from my end using a smart phone and reply back to you, if there is a resolution identified.

Post Reply