Webmail

Email setup and troubleshooting
coldpower

Webmail

Post by coldpower » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:04 pm

I am trying to setup webmail for a trip overseas and find that the old Squirrelmail has been replaced by Roundcube webmail. It looks better and has some good features.
However
I am unable to import contacts from my Windows live mail account. It imports them OK but only the names and phone numbers appear.
I have checked the csv file and all the fields are there. I have tried just importing Name, First Name, Last Name, email address, and there is still only the names visible.
I have checked tutorials from Roundcube and apparently it should work.
Also
When composing an email there does not appear to be possible to add multiple addresses to the recipient field, there are no drop down search results as you type in the name and no way of selecting multiple contacts.
I am probably making some basic mistake somewhere and the Roundcube webmail otherwise looks better than the old SquirrelMail

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Webmail

Post by KavindaS » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:00 pm

coldpower wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:04 pm
I am trying to setup webmail for a trip overseas and find that the old Squirrelmail has been replaced by Roundcube webmail. It looks better and has some good features.
However
I am unable to import contacts from my Windows live mail account. It imports them OK but only the names and phone numbers appear.
I have checked the csv file and all the fields are there. I have tried just importing Name, First Name, Last Name, email address, and there is still only the names visible.
I have checked tutorials from Roundcube and apparently it should work.
Also
When composing an email there does not appear to be possible to add multiple addresses to the recipient field, there are no drop down search results as you type in the name and no way of selecting multiple contacts.
I am probably making some basic mistake somewhere and the Roundcube webmail otherwise looks better than the old SquirrelMail
Welcome to the Exetel Forum :)

We have not restricted any features from the Roundcube webmail. I will have to further check on this with our system administrators, about the visibility of the contact imports. Please PM me your email address and I will check with them.

About sending an email to multiple addresses, you may separate each email with a (,) and it should work.