issues with ADSL in NRYD

Connection issues, drop outs or speed related faults for ADSL and ADSL2+ services
Mort

issues with ADSL in NRYD

Post by Mort » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:50 pm

My adsl is reporting sync and appears to be ok, but I have no access to anything past my router. I cant connect to Exetel dns or even ping it by up address.

I can ping my static up, and that's as far as it goes.

Is there an issue in the Exetel network? I don't want to reboot my router yet because that usually results total loss of connection for even longer.
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: issues with ADSL in NRYD

Post by KavindaS » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:56 pm

Mort wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:50 pm
My adsl is reporting sync and appears to be ok, but I have no access to anything past my router. I cant connect to Exetel dns or even ping it by up address.

I can ping my static up, and that's as far as it goes.

Is there an issue in the Exetel network? I don't want to reboot my router yet because that usually results total loss of connection for even longer.
Identified outages has been noticed via viewforum.php?f=296 and you may check if your area has been notified or not. If not PM me your service number, and I will check this tomorrow with our network, as well as the supplier end before troubleshooting.

Mort

Post by Mort » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:01 am

Thanks.

No service outages that relate to my area are listed. I'll pm you my service number.
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

Mort

Post by Mort » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:25 am

Decided to try a "turn it off for 15 minutes" reset after all and things are looking better now. I'll let you know if problems return tomorrow.

Thanks.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:48 pm

Mort wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:25 am
Decided to try a "turn it off for 15 minutes" reset after all and things are looking better now. I'll let you know if problems return tomorrow.

Thanks.
That is a good news. However, if the issue persists, I would suggest you to do a full factory reset to the modem and reconfigure with the most basic settings for the testing purposes. There is a question why the service started to work, after a simple modem reboot, when no known issues reported based on the service.