Exetel new VoIP Platform

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
pasanm

Exetel new VoIP Platform

Post by pasanm » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:46 pm

Exetel is provisioning new infrastructure for its core VoIP routing engine. In order to help ensure a fully functional system, we'd appreciate if you could participate in a test of the new platform.

* Services provisioned up to 2018-09-10 will be able to participate
in this test. Test platform will be available from 2018-09-11.

* Only outgoing calls can be tested through the new platform.

* We recommend the use of a non-production system for this test as the
system may not work as expected or desired.

* Please configure your devices with the following details:

** Enable NAPTR and SRV support in your systems/devices

- Host: voiptesting.exetel.com.au
- Credentials: Existing Details

If you have IP level ACLs in place then please allow the following
addresses and ports for SIP signaling and media:

IPv4: 58.96.1.0/26
IPv6: 2406:3400:001c:0010::/60

Ports: 5060 UDP, 50000-60000 UDP, 10000-20000 UDP

New Features

- Full dual-stack support (IPv4/IPv6)
- CLI pass through for forwarded calls (opt)
- Enhanced Fraud prevention
- Enhanced Security

* Once you have successfully registered on the new platform, please
test outgoing calls (except international calls).

* Please note that you will not be able receive incoming calls until
the above changes are reverted.

* Hostname mentioned above is solely used for this test and will not be
available after 2018-09-30.

* If you experience any issues with testing please email our support
team.

Thank you.
Exetel Systems Team

Lawrie

Re: Exetel new VoIP Platform

Post by Lawrie » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:52 pm

Can you please explain what "enhanced security and fraud protection" means to us as end users?

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:00 am

This question has been asked a couple of times now, with no reply as yet.

The holiday season means an increase in travelling, and users are concerned about the security of VoIP registration. Have the changes affected this?

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:34 pm

This has been further checked with the senior Voip engineers. Changes were made based on the systems only and not visible to the customers. Features visible to the customers, going to enable with this in future will be notified with a prior notice via an email. Email notification will be explained in detail of the features.

alhamco

Post by alhamco » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:59 pm

Hi,
Is the new Voip platform working, or is it the reason I cant register. Maybe the problem is with the ZTE router, like someone else commented 'it is rubbish'. Have been Exetel customer for 5 weeks - so much trouble getting online, still cant use WiFi, now voip wont register.
The ZTE I got certainly wasnt p and p, and certainly not user friendly like the BobLite from iiNet!
I have requested all settings required (after doing a factory reset). I wonder when I will get them.
Al

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:30 pm

alhamco wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:59 pm
Hi,
Is the new Voip platform working, or is it the reason I cant register. Maybe the problem is with the ZTE router, like someone else commented 'it is rubbish'. Have been Exetel customer for 5 weeks - so much trouble getting online, still cant use WiFi, now voip wont register.
The ZTE I got certainly wasnt p and p, and certainly not user friendly like the BobLite from iiNet!
I have requested all settings required (after doing a factory reset). I wonder when I will get them.
Al
Welcome to the Exetel forum :)

Sorry to hear that your Exetel experience hasn’t been great so far. I have emailed you in separate the credentials / settings of Internet, my exetel and Voip. Checking through the Voip radius check, unable to determine any registration according to your service. Therefore, refer the link http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php? ... _ZTE_H268A and configure the VOIP service on your modem, with the provided credentials. If the Wifi issue persists, you may have to contact our technical support to further troubleshoot, prior logging a fault with the modem manufacturer support. Your ticket reference number is 14086168.

hamishbear

Post by hamishbear » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:13 pm

I've got a similar problem with VoIP, otherwise my ZTE modem appears to work fine.

My VoIP service was ported from another provider last Friday (8th March), but the Exetel FTTN DSL service wasn't activated until today (Wednesday 13th), so I've only just been able to check the VoIP.

I have a dial tone and can dial out, but get the engaged signal for numbers that I know are not busy. Trying to connect to my VoIP number from a mobile, the call drops out immediately without ringing (= unobtainable). I've checked the registration of SIP1 on the ZTE modem following the detailed instructions in the link KavindaS gave, and the modem reports all data saved. What else might I need to configure?

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:26 pm

hamishbear wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:13 pm
I've got a similar problem with VoIP, otherwise my ZTE modem appears to work fine.

My VoIP service was ported from another provider last Friday (8th March), but the Exetel FTTN DSL service wasn't activated until today (Wednesday 13th), so I've only just been able to check the VoIP.

I have a dial tone and can dial out, but get the engaged signal for numbers that I know are not busy. Trying to connect to my VoIP number from a mobile, the call drops out immediately without ringing (= unobtainable). I've checked the registration of SIP1 on the ZTE modem following the detailed instructions in the link KavindaS gave, and the modem reports all data saved. What else might I need to configure?
Welcome to the Exetel forum :)

Did you mean that you cannot dial out or receive any calls with your VOIP or specific numbers?

hamishbear

Post by hamishbear » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:35 am

Yes, that's right - no calls in or out at all using VoIP. Further to the above, I should add that, despite accepting the SIP data, the modem still displays both SIPs as "unregistered". Clearly the configuration hasn't worked - why?

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:39 pm

hamishbear wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:35 am
Yes, that's right - no calls in or out at all using VoIP. Further to the above, I should add that, despite accepting the SIP data, the modem still displays both SIPs as "unregistered". Clearly the configuration hasn't worked - why?
I will check the registration and the configurations from our end, and provide you a feedback via the existing ticket reference 14296860.