Poor Quality Voice Connection - only with Exetel

Comments and posts about your experience with Exetel
roya92

Poor Quality Voice Connection - only with Exetel

Post by roya92 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:50 pm

This maybe in the wrong section.

Why do I get a poor quality phone connection every time I contact Exetel.

This is being going on for years. I get a combination of:
> cannot hear the person at the other end
> the sound cuts in and out to the point I cannot make out a word that's being said
> the person at Exetel's end sounds like their down a deep well
> with the occasional decent quality sound.

This occurs only when I contact Exetel through both my landline (Exetel VOIP) and through my mobile phone (another provider). I have never had a problem contacting any other business/person. Only Exetel.

I've mentioned this to the various people I've spoken to, no one can tell me why.

Is it only me? How can this be happening only when I contact Exetel?

HimaJ
Exetel Staff

Re: Poor Quality Voice Connection - only with Exetel

Post by HimaJ » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:00 pm

Please be advised that we have sent you an email with instructions regarding your service issue to your nominated email address under the reference number - 14416930

Please get back to us via the same email thread if you need further assistance.

Exetel apologies for the inconvenience may have caused by this.

roya92

Post by roya92 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:40 am

Thanks.

I received your email and replied yesterday morning. Hope you can come up with a fix for the issue.

judep
Exetel Staff

Post by judep » Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:43 pm

roya92 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:40 am
Thanks.

I received your email and replied yesterday morning. Hope you can come up with a fix for the issue.
We will investigate this and get back to you shortly. Thank you

roya92

Post by roya92 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:46 pm

I received your reply from about this; asking me to make some changes to the configuration of my ATA.

Happy to make a change but before I do, how do you then explain the very same problem when I speak with Exetel on my mobile phone?

Also, my ATA was configured by Exetel remotely quite some years back.

rehanj
Exetel Staff

Post by rehanj » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:56 pm

roya92 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:46 pm
I received your reply from about this; asking me to make some changes to the configuration of my ATA.

Happy to make a change but before I do, how do you then explain the very same problem when I speak with Exetel on my mobile phone?

Also, my ATA was configured by Exetel remotely quite some years back.
Thanks for reaching out to us, a response to your query has been provided as a reply via the ongoing email thread. Please be kind enough to review this email, and feel free to let us know if any further assistance or clarification is required. Cheers!

roya92

Post by roya92 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:29 pm

rehanj wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:56 pm
Thanks for reaching out to us, a response to your query has been provided as a reply via the ongoing email thread. Please be kind enough to review this email, and feel free to let us know if any further assistance or clarification is required. Cheers!
I know a response has been provided by email. That's why I posted my previous reply.

I do need further assistance and clarification, I thought that was clear. I repeat below:

How do you then explain the very same problem when I speak with Exetel on my mobile phone?

Also, my ATA was configured by Exetel remotely quite some years back. I would expect the Exetel engineer at the time knew what he was doing.

KrishanK
Exetel Staff

Post by KrishanK » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:37 pm

In average to Exetel a big number of calls coming in through different call queues for the different departments accordingly.

But there is no such issue reported with any call as such with poor quality, hence if you experience any poor quality when calling Exetel on your mobile you may check it with your mobile handset as there is no issues in Exetel end.

And as explained to you in the email as well, unfortunately we are unable to assist you with third party device configurations as such your ATA and you may get a better assistance if you contact the relevant product manufacturer.

roya92

Post by roya92 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:38 am

Oh, of course, how foolish of me. I should have realized it all had to be from my end. The various mobile phones I've had the past years must have all had the same gremlin that likes to make and receive all calls except for those to/from Exetel. Or perhaps it might be a fault with Optus.

Regarding third party device configuration. I don't recall asking you to do anything to my device (although having someone checking the settings would be quickest and easiest way to sort this and keep a customer happy), I just simply made the point that it was you who configured the device - back when you actually offered some good service; and I made that point to highlight the fact that the person who did configure my device was unlikely to have made a mistake.

But I'm sure it's just easier to blame something or someone else or pass the buck as that's the kind of service one expects these days right? Especially a customer who has been with you for maybe 15 years or so.

Well done!