Your handling of this outage has been pathetic to say the least. Some points
- I noticed the NBN connection go down around/after 9:30pm last night and then couldn't authenticate back into the service - but checking the modem/router showed the local synch was up and ok
- The first notification of an outage appeared on line at 9:55pm by Kavindip but it didn't say much
- Checked several times for an update after the initial posting and then had to send an email after 1am to hopefully get an update to the record - viewtopic.php?f=296&t=44600
- No updates until 6:31 this morning and then the next one at 8:13 this morning
- Its now 9:43am and no new update
Now to the so called outage.......how can "cable damage approximately 17.5km from Chatswood exchange" associated with your "wholesale supplier" take out "All Suburbs, NSW"??? What kind of redundancy do you have in the system??? Where is you're cold stand-by to failover to if you don't have active-active connections???
I think you have to relook at your processes and scrub up on customer service 101. I don't think its too much to ask for to get updates on an hourly basis to keep people informed.
In addition get some smart people in a room to review your network architecture and seriously consider all single points of failure in an attempt to eradicate them or have plans in place for workarounds if needed. If you haven't noticed yet, the network people subscribe to is no longer there for simply browsing the web, watching you tube, et al......it has become a vital part of people lives that needs an uptime that is aligned to the old telephone networks......people use it for work, land line connectivity, etc. Please take it more seriously.
Long time loyal and now seriously disappointed customer.