Webmail login -Phishing warning

Email setup and troubleshooting
natc28

Webmail login -Phishing warning

Post by natc28 » Mon May 13, 2019 4:57 pm

I cannot open the webmail login page to get to my email because my security software detects a phishing threat. Whenever I try to either enter directly from my browser window or via the MyExetel home page link, Avast locks me out with a security warning. Any ideas what may be going on and how I solve it?

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Webmail login -Phishing warning

Post by KavindaS » Mon May 13, 2019 5:46 pm

natc28 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 4:57 pm
I cannot open the webmail login page to get to my email because my security software detects a phishing threat. Whenever I try to either enter directly from my browser window or via the MyExetel home page link, Avast locks me out with a security warning. Any ideas what may be going on and how I solve it?
We have not received any complaints on similar restricted access to https://webmail.exetel.com.au/ . What are the options you get there? Can you attach here with a screen capture of the warning page you get ?

Chris T

Post by Chris T » Mon May 13, 2019 10:31 pm

Here is a similar complain, I got the same warning yesterday and this afternoon but appears to have been fixed this evening. I haven't checked if it was a dodgy AV definition or not.

natc28

Post by natc28 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:21 am

Yes today I can get in.
I haven't changed anything but Avast is set to auto update so maybe it sorted itself out via a definition update ??