NBN connection but phone still not ported 2months later

Services provided via NBN Co, Opticomm, Open Networks, Red Train, LBN Co, and TPG FttB
ABL

NBN connection but phone still not ported 2months later

Post by ABL » Sat May 18, 2019 7:31 am

As above.

I am still being billed for 2 services which I have been assured will be refunded but nevertheless 2 months is a long time and my patience is getting shorter.

Dushyanthan
Exetel Staff

Re: NBN connection but phone still not ported 2months later

Post by Dushyanthan » Sat May 18, 2019 5:48 pm

Apologize for the inconvenience caused. Kindly PM us your customer ID or service number to assist you further.

ABL

Post by ABL » Sat May 18, 2019 8:34 pm

Pm sent

Dushyanthan
Exetel Staff

Post by Dushyanthan » Sat May 18, 2019 10:06 pm

ABL wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:34 pm
Pm sent
Your query is escalated to the relevant department and one of them will assist you shortly.

ABL

Post by ABL » Mon May 27, 2019 1:03 pm

When you say "shortly" is 9 days long enough to wait or should I wait a bit longer??

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon May 27, 2019 6:33 pm

ABL wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 1:03 pm
When you say "shortly" is 9 days long enough to wait or should I wait a bit longer??
This has been attended and unfortunately you have not been informed of the progress. Exetel apologies for the inconvenience may have caused.

Provisioning team is still waiting for the confirmation on the porting from our supplier. However, they expect this to be completed by 24 to 48 hours and you will be emailed accordingly. Your ticket reference number 14167642.

ABL

Post by ABL » Mon May 27, 2019 9:29 pm

I live in hope....

ozengines

Post by ozengines » Thu May 30, 2019 8:28 am

Why does Exetel say I am ready to go but phone not yet ported, very inconvenient.

rasikak
Exetel Staff

Post by rasikak » Thu May 30, 2019 10:28 am

ozengines wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:28 am
Why does Exetel say I am ready to go but phone not yet ported, very inconvenient.
Thank you for your PM. We have forwarded your query to the relevant team on the service activation under the ticket number #15113976 and they will update you accordingly.

ABL

Post by ABL » Thu May 30, 2019 12:46 pm

I now have no phone at all.

Tech support tell me the copper has been decommissioned but my number is still not ported. Leaving me with no phone for my business. I am now in the queue to speak to provisioning.

Very unhappy with the service provided.

nilushid
Exetel Staff

Post by nilushid » Thu May 30, 2019 9:32 pm

ABL wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 12:46 pm
I now have no phone at all.

Tech support tell me the copper has been decommissioned but my number is still not ported. Leaving me with no phone for my business. I am now in the queue to speak to provisioning.

Very unhappy with the service provided.
We are extremely sorry about the inconveniences caused to you. We will get the provisioning team to get back to you on this asap.

ABL

Post by ABL » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:40 pm

Finally the number is ported. I lost more than half a day of phone calls to my business which has a material financial cost but I also spent over 1 hour waiting for your tech support, then over 1 hr with provisioning then another 1 hr with tech support to get the phone working last Thursday.

I would now like my phone bills to be corrected.

I was told the billing would be corrected after paying for 2 services for nearly 3 months.

When is my account going to be credited? Can you give me an exact date you can do this, please.

ps: more than one of your staff members were offended by my language last Thursday and insisted it wasn't "their fault" that the phone wasn't ported. It is your fault when I use Exetel to provide a service and despite several months of phone calls, emails and promises on your forum you never met your own timelines. Exetel needs to take responsibility for failures at your end, you cannot blame your provider "NBN" for your failure to follow an open issue for a client.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:49 pm

ABL wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:40 pm
I would now like my phone bills to be corrected.

I was told the billing would be corrected after paying for 2 services for nearly 3 months.

When is my account going to be credited? Can you give me an exact date you can do this, please.
Thank you for the service confirmation and glad to hear the good news on your VOIP service activation.

I have request the Provisioning team to arrange the necessary credits on your account and confirm you in an email, under the same reference number 14167642.

ABL

Post by ABL » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:48 pm

No confirmation email from your billing team spelling out how I have been credited for expenses incurred while waiting for you to port my number.

I have seen a singular credit for $39.99 which I assume is for one of the months where I had two services but no refund for the Exechat fee which was incurred due to the tardiness of the porting process.

There is no refund for any other months, once again you haven't delivered on your promise.

Is there anyone significantly more senior else I can speak to in your organisation? Your internal escalation process appears to be a way of brushing off your customers. Big telcos have made an artform of this kind of customer service why copy the worst parts of their behaviour?

rasikak
Exetel Staff

Post by rasikak » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:21 pm

ABL wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:48 pm
No confirmation email from your billing team spelling out how I have been credited for expenses incurred while waiting for you to port my number.

I have seen a singular credit for $39.99 which I assume is for one of the months where I had two services but no refund for the Exechat fee which was incurred due to the tardiness of the porting process.

There is no refund for any other months, once again you haven't delivered on your promise.

Is there anyone significantly more senior else I can speak to in your organisation? Your internal escalation process appears to be a way of brushing off your customers. Big telcos have made an artform of this kind of customer service why copy the worst parts of their behaviour?
Thank you for reaching out and please do accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused on this regards.

Please note that we have further escalated to the relevant team management on this regards and they will update you accordingly.