Pensioner Broadband Plans?

Discussions regarding new & existing plans and other Exetel initiatives
angelos
Exetel Staff

Re: Pensioner Broadband Plans?

Post by angelos » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:31 am

m1scha_m wrote:I'm not sure if this is where I should have posted so if its not correct please excuse my ignorance.

I am an aged pensioner and have been with Exetel for several years now. I have just moved house and had hoped to continue using Exetel's ADSL, however when I tried to have the internet connected to my new address I found I could not afford it. I found this rather confusing as in the past few weeks I had helped a friend move to the same town and her internet cost far less than what I had been quoted. In fact I could not afford broadband internet of any substance with any provider I could find.

I am not worried as there are many free wifi outlets in existence now so accessing my emails will be no great difficulty although software upgrades may be.

My problem is; I have two websites associated with my account, my .id.au and a .com.au. The .com.au belongs to the friend I helped move and she has no objections if I were to link these sites with her account as well as linking my email account. So how do I go about doing this? I am a bit deaf and I have trouble understanding the Sri Lankan staff, and have found there is a lot of confusion when I do so. So a response to this post would be appreciated please.
Dropping an email to hosting@exetel.com.au with your request will be the best and easiest option.

IamKangy

Post by IamKangy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:14 am

James wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:24 am
What makes pensioners any different from any other group of people? Why should they get cheaper internet, and don't our PAYU ADSL1/ADSL2+ and soon to be released HSPA plans cater for minimal usage?
I am sorry but are you serious James? You are an employee of Exetel, so whatever you post on the Forum under your account actually does represent Exetel. And what makes pensioners any different to any other group? Well, let's say someone working ... a pensioner gets a lot less money than someone who is employed.

You would obviously as a business want to not be excluding any particular community group, such as a pensioner. And you mentioned in another reply that Exetel already provides that best service costs? Actually, that is not correct. There are other companies that provide the same or better plans for Wireless Broadband (as this is the only one I am personally interested in). So you might want to check your facts to give your customers or potential customers the correct information.

You have no idea what people's situations are. Some people on a disability pension have very high medical bills and medication costs. This I personally know from my experience. Not everyone can afford the same thing. Maybe have a plan with less data at a lower rate.

Personally, I have just signed up to the Wireless Broadband plan and I am on a disability pension. But I can personally afford this, but I know there are others that can't. So maybe you could show a little compassion to people, even if a plan isn't offered. I take your reply as rude and don't believe you should be posting something like that under an account where it states you are an employee of Exetel.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:30 am

I am sorry, but are you seriously that bored to go through a thread that is over ten years ago, highlighting one reply I made back in early 2009, and yes as you say my comments on best value might not be correct as they were made ten year ago...

Yes I have no idea about our individual customers situations, so all Exetel can do is provide great value plans that appeal to the wisest possible demographic.

I still stand by ensuring that we have one price structure that appeals to all, ensuring a simple product offering.