Netcomm NL1901ACV (Home Wireless Broadband) - Security Setup?

Modem setup, reviews and questions (All brands, including wireless modems)
Post Reply
layzee
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:25 am
Location: .au
Contact:

Netcomm NL1901ACV (Home Wireless Broadband) - Security Setup?

Post by layzee » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:54 pm

Recently signed up and everything is working fine so far (literally plug and play) but can anyone point me to any step-by-step guides/tutorials regarding the security of the device/connection? Preferably a guide that is specific to this brand of modem. Thanks.

KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2506
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Netcomm NL1901ACV (Home Wireless Broadband) - Security Setup?

Post by KavindaS » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:18 pm

layzee wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:54 pm
Recently signed up and everything is working fine so far (literally plug and play) but can anyone point me to any step-by-step guides/tutorials regarding the security of the device/connection? Preferably a guide that is specific to this brand of modem. Thanks.
Click on https://support.netcommwireless.com/product/nl1901acv and refer the section FAQS for more details.

layzee
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:25 am
Location: .au
Contact:

Re: Netcomm NL1901ACV (Home Wireless Broadband) - Security Setup?

Post by layzee » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:38 pm

Thanks. Unfortunately, like other users, I am also experiencing the dropouts every couple of hours that only gets fixed if I reboot the modem. I'll be upgrading to the firmware that Exetel is recommending and hopefully that will go some way to fixing it.

nilushid
Exetel Staff
Posts: 698
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:18 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Netcomm NL1901ACV (Home Wireless Broadband) - Security Setup?

Post by nilushid » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:59 pm

layzee wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:38 pm
Thanks. Unfortunately, like other users, I am also experiencing the dropouts every couple of hours that only gets fixed if I reboot the modem. I'll be upgrading to the firmware that Exetel is recommending and hopefully that will go some way to fixing it.
We are extremely sorry about the inconveniences cased. To check your connection from our end, please PM me your customer ID or the service number. Or please provide any reference number given by Exetel for your service.

layzee
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:25 am
Location: .au
Contact:

Re: Netcomm NL1901ACV (Home Wireless Broadband) - Security Setup?

Post by layzee » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:08 pm

nilushid wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:59 pm
layzee wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:38 pm
Thanks. Unfortunately, like other users, I am also experiencing the dropouts every couple of hours that only gets fixed if I reboot the modem. I'll be upgrading to the firmware that Exetel is recommending and hopefully that will go some way to fixing it.
We are extremely sorry about the inconveniences cased. To check your connection from our end, please PM me your customer ID or the service number. Or please provide any reference number given by Exetel for your service.
Thanks for your message. I'll hold off on the firmware upgrade for now and I have PM'd my details. For the record, the speeds have been 100% max constantly so far so I am pleased in that regard.

nilushid
Exetel Staff
Posts: 698
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:18 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Netcomm NL1901ACV (Home Wireless Broadband) - Security Setup?

Post by nilushid » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:35 pm

layzee wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:08 pm

Thanks for your message. I'll hold off on the firmware upgrade for now and I have PM'd my details. For the record, the speeds have been 100% max constantly so far so I am pleased in that regard.
Thanks for the PM. We are glad the service is providing good speed constantly. However, one of our senior engineer with be in touch with you to check the connection drop outs and the members facility issue.

Ref:#16141114

Post Reply