Outlook 2019

Email setup and troubleshooting
Dushyanthan
Exetel Staff
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:13 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Outlook 2019

Post by Dushyanthan » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:25 pm

Red Diablo wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:27 pm
No that doesn't work either.
It gives an encryption method error.

It appears as though you are just getting me to try random options. Do you actually know whether exemail is compatible with any Outlook version later than 2010?

Exemail SMTP SSL-TLS Encryption Selected 20191130.jpgExemail SMTP Encryption Failure 20191130.jpg
Not able to detect any issues from our end. Since you tried all the possibilities and still not working kindly get in touch with Outlook support for further assistance. Please keep a note we don't support for 3rd party clients. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Red Diablo
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:52 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Outlook 2019

Post by Red Diablo » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:56 pm

I will try and contact Microsoft but I note an earlier post in this thread where amillen advises that Microsoft was contacted who indicate that the problem is with Exetel, but I'll let you what they say.

amillen wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:42 am
Hi, this problem is still ongoing, I have contacted Microsoft and they believe the problem is with Exetel.

KavindaS
Exetel Staff
Posts: 2569
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Outlook 2019

Post by KavindaS » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:05 pm

Red Diablo wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:56 pm
I will try and contact Microsoft but I note an earlier post in this thread where amillen advises that Microsoft was contacted who indicate that the problem is with Exetel, but I'll let you what they say.

amillen wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:42 am
Hi, this problem is still ongoing, I have contacted Microsoft and they believe the problem is with Exetel.
According to our system administrators, no issues within Exetel network.

bodogbodog
Posts: 291
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Outlook 2019

Post by bodogbodog » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:30 pm

Happy to share my settings with Outlook 2019 on Windows 10 but can't see how to attach images to this post
I get the Certificate error but it does download my emails after I click through the error
Any ideas on what the correct settings should be?

KavindaS
Exetel Staff
Posts: 2569
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Outlook 2019

Post by KavindaS » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:13 pm

bodogbodog wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:30 pm
Happy to share my settings with Outlook 2019 on Windows 10 but can't see how to attach images to this post
I get the Certificate error but it does download my emails after I click through the error
Any ideas on what the correct settings should be?
We have listed all recommended setting here https://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php ... tup_Guides .

bodogbodog
Posts: 291
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Outlook 2019

Post by bodogbodog » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:20 pm

There are no instructions there for Outlook 2019 - the latest version listed is Outlook 2010
The issue is with Outlook 2019 - before I upgraded to this version I was not having an issue and the certificate from Exetel was not causing an error as it now is
How do we get Exetel Support to address this?

bodogbodog
Posts: 291
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Outlook 2019

Post by bodogbodog » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:21 pm

KavindaS wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:05 pm

According to our system administrators, no issues within Exetel network.
I guess that’s a very easy response for them to give which leaves your customers without an answer - happy to provide copies of the error coming up with your security certificate if you tell me where to send them

KavindaS
Exetel Staff
Posts: 2569
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Outlook 2019

Post by KavindaS » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:33 pm

bodogbodog wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:20 pm
There are no instructions there for Outlook 2019 - the latest version listed is Outlook 2010
The issue is with Outlook 2019 - before I upgraded to this version I was not having an issue and the certificate from Exetel was not causing an error as it now is
How do we get Exetel Support to address this?
With the current settings and email account details screenshots attached, send an email to hosting@exetel.com.au for them to individually investigate the issue.

Red Diablo
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:52 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Outlook 2019

Post by Red Diablo » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:36 pm

Hi All,

Thanks to bodogbodog for providing the settings below. I'm up and running again albeit with the same Certificate error he is experiencing each time Outlook is launched.
Good Outgoing Settings.png
Good Outgoing Settings.png (21.84 KiB) Viewed 76 times
Good Incoming Settings.png
Good Incoming Settings.png (22.65 KiB) Viewed 76 times

bodogbodog
Posts: 291
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Outlook 2019

Post by bodogbodog » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:40 pm

Thanks for posting the screen shots - these are the same settings I was using with my earlier implementation of Outlook - the certificate problem has only come up since the move to Outlook 2019

Red Diablo
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:52 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Outlook 2019

Post by Red Diablo » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:02 pm

Change the incoming mail server setting to this shown below and see how it goes.
Everything is working for me now without the certificate error.
POP3 settings - No error.png
POP3 settings - No error.png (11.01 KiB) Viewed 72 times

bodogbodog
Posts: 291
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Outlook 2019

Post by bodogbodog » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:29 pm

Well done!
I think you've cracked it - works for me now
Glad this will be on the record for others who are trying to work it out in the future

Post Reply