constant ringing

VOIP setup and troubleshooting
justin000

constant ringing

Post by justin000 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:18 pm

I switched the VOIP from Line 1 to Line 2 on the ZTE H268A. Now, instead of ringing: "ring ring... ring ring.." it rings as "ringgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg" until you answer.

I cannot find on the ZTE any ring tone sequence rule etc.

rushenw
Exetel Staff

Re: constant ringing

Post by rushenw » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:54 pm

justin000 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:18 pm
I switched the VOIP from Line 1 to Line 2 on the ZTE H268A. Now, instead of ringing: "ring ring... ring ring.." it rings as "ringgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg" until you answer.

I cannot find on the ZTE any ring tone sequence rule etc.
Hi there,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We would like to investigate this further. Therefore please share your Exetel Customer ID, Service No. or nominated email address via personal message so we can find your account details and get back to you.

Thank you.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:11 pm

I have seen this too. I "fixed" it (ie made it less annoying) by changing the ring tone on the handset to one with varying volume.

justin000

Post by justin000 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:30 pm

rushenw wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:54 pm
Therefore please share your Exetel Customer ID, Service No. or nominated email address via personal message so we can find your account details and get back to you.
PM sent with info.

johntmf

Post by johntmf » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:57 pm

I'm also getting a continuous ring on incoming calls until the caller hangs up. They get ring tone as normal.
I have put in a fault report but so far the reply has been that support has checked the modem setup and it looks ok.
Support suggested I put another phone in and see if it helps however as I already have stated in my initial report that I had already done that and the result was the same.
The ring current doesn't come over the NDN line like it use to on the old PTSN system.
I suspect the modem is faulty.
Please Support have you any other thoughts of what the problem might be?

rushenw
Exetel Staff

Post by rushenw » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:09 pm

justin000 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:30 pm
rushenw wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:54 pm
Therefore please share your Exetel Customer ID, Service No. or nominated email address via personal message so we can find your account details and get back to you.
PM sent with info.
Hi,

Thank you for providing the details.

Long rings without regular breaks seem to be a common bug existing on the latest firmware version (T9) of the ZTE H268A modem. Our team has identified the flaw and currently gathering the necessary details to work on a solution.

For the moment, you may manually switch the IP version to IPv4 which will possibly resolve the long rings.
We sent you an email with the steps on how to complete the task.

Please check at your earliest convenience and do let us know the outcome.

Ref: Case-656678

Thank you!

nilushid
Admin

Post by nilushid » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:11 am

johntmf wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:57 pm
I'm also getting a continuous ring on incoming calls until the caller hangs up. They get ring tone as normal.
I have put in a fault report but so far the reply has been that support has checked the modem setup and it looks ok.
Support suggested I put another phone in and see if it helps however as I already have stated in my initial report that I had already done that and the result was the same.
The ring current doesn't come over the NDN line like it use to on the old PTSN system.
I suspect the modem is faulty.
Please Support have you any other thoughts of what the problem might be?
Hi

The modem itself does not have any issues. It is the new firmware and our engineers are currently checking on this. You may manually switch the IP version to IPv4 which will possibly resolve the long rings. Follow the below steps and check whether this could help you with this.

1. Connect to the router using either Ethernet or Wi-Fi
2. Type 192.168.20.1 on the address bar of your web browser
3. Login to the router (default username/password is admin/admin. If changes made, please enter the correct credentials)
4. Go to WAN Settings > WAN
5. Select "Ethernet" tab
6. Select "exetel_ethwan"
7. Change IP Version : IPv4
8. Click Apply/Save
9. Restart the modem

In the meantime, you can also check by changing the ring tone on the handset to one with varying volumes as advised in this post by Dazzled.

Thanks

geoffyboy

Post by geoffyboy » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:25 pm

I'm having the same issue. Only just started today.

Haven't updated the firmware or anything and now because of the constant ring signal being sent to my phones The answering machine only sees it as one ring, So never gets to 6 rings before answering.

I did all above and it have not helped.

What has exetel changed on their end for this to happen?

nilushid
Admin

Post by nilushid » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:50 am

geoffyboy wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:25 pm

Haven't updated the firmware or anything and now because of the constant ring signal being sent to my phones The answering machine only sees it as one ring, So never gets to 6 rings before answering.

Hi

Your modem also upgraded to the new firmware version. We can see you are using telephone port 2 for the VoIP phone. We are currently investigating this from our end. We will get back to you asap.

Thanks

johntmf

Post by johntmf » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:16 am

Thank you for update.

geoffyboy

Post by geoffyboy » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:33 am

nilushid wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:50 am
geoffyboy wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:25 pm

Hi

Your modem also upgraded to the new firmware version. We can see you are using telephone port 2 for the VoIP phone. We are currently investigating this from our end. We will get back to you asap.

Thanks
I have been on the latest firmware for a while now. Was working perfectly.

Cheers.

geoffyboy

Post by geoffyboy » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:47 am

Now I dont know if you guys have done anything but I just entered my credentials into port one and its working as it should.

nilushid
Admin

Post by nilushid » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:33 pm

geoffyboy wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:47 am
Now I dont know if you guys have done anything but I just entered my credentials into port one and its working as it should.
Hi

That is excellent. We have not done any changes. The issue seems to be in the second port with the new Firmware version. We have escalated this to the modem manufacture and they are working on a fix.

thanks

johntmf

Post by johntmf » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:55 pm

I've enter my credentials into port one also but the phone won't ring at all now. Voip Status says on Port 1 is unregistered.
What do I need to do to get it registered?
thanks

nilushid
Admin

Post by nilushid » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:59 pm

johntmf wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:55 pm
I've enter my credentials into port one also but the phone won't ring at all now. Voip Status says on Port 1 is unregistered.
What do I need to do to get it registered?
thanks
We will get in touch with you asap