Changes To Powertel ADSL2 Plans

Old, inactive threads
Moonman

Post by Moonman » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:50 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:
nihonjin wrote:I personally dont mind if you charge for going over 48GB this in and of itself is quite generous. only charging after 72GB is just saying to the heavy users that the off peak limit is really 72GB and not 48GB as im sure exetel would prefer people stay under.
I think Exetel provides more downoads per dollar than any other realistic ISP and the time of Exetel's life has come , after four years, to 'rule a line'.

If 48 gb of downoads at no charge 12 hours a day isn't enough then - well fill in your own comment.
No, I think that is what he is saying.

As in, why not make the charging start at 48GB for all plans, instead of 72GB, because having it start at 72GB makes it seem like you're okay with people downloading that much.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:56 pm

Moonman wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
nihonjin wrote:I personally dont mind if you charge for going over 48GB this in and of itself is quite generous. only charging after 72GB is just saying to the heavy users that the off peak limit is really 72GB and not 48GB as im sure exetel would prefer people stay under.
I think Exetel provides more downoads per dollar than any other realistic ISP and the time of Exetel's life has come , after four years, to 'rule a line'.

If 48 gb of downoads at no charge 12 hours a day isn't enough then - well fill in your own comment.
No, I think that is what he is saying.

As in, why not make the charging start at 48GB for all plans, instead of 72GB, because having it start at 72GB makes it seem like you're okay with people downloading that much.
I can't make it any clearer.

Download what Exetel allow you to do and that's it.

lordvader

Post by lordvader » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:56 am

ForumAdmin wrote:The billing above 72 gb in the 12 midnight to 12 noon period will be activated from December 1st 2007.

Lowering that threshold from 72 gb to 48 gb is being considered at a later stage for current plans but all new advertised plans will indicate the limit will be 48 gb.
So basically, as of December 1st 2007, any download beyond the 72GB will incur a charge, even though the advertised plans state that the limit is 48 GB ?
Is this like a secret bonus for forum readers then ?
:D

sunrise3500

Post by sunrise3500 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:04 am

lordvader wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:The billing above 72 gb in the 12 midnight to 12 noon period will be activated from December 1st 2007.

Lowering that threshold from 72 gb to 48 gb is being considered at a later stage for current plans but all new advertised plans will indicate the limit will be 48 gb.
So basically, as of December 1st 2007, any download beyond the 72GB will incur a charge, even though the advertised plans state that the limit is 48 GB ?
I posted simliar sort of thing last night, asking for confirmation.. why was my post deleted? :)
Last edited by sunrise3500 on Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

lordvader

Post by lordvader » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:13 am

sunrise3500 wrote: I posted simliar sort of thing last night, asking for confirmation.. why was my post deleted?
Was there a smiley at the end ?

nihonjin

Post by nihonjin » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:50 pm

lordvader wrote:

not sure if you misunderstood me or if i am misunderstanding your response but im all for charging over 48GB. this is more then generous enough.

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:09 pm

Currently the situation is that we sent an email to every Exetel customer (to their nominated email address) advising them that downloads over 72 gb in the period 12 midnight to 12 noon will be charged at a rate of $3.00 per gb or part thereof from 1st November 2007.

We didn't implement that on 1st November (giving the heavy downloaders time to adjust their habits) but it will be implemented from 1st December 2007.

From February 1st 2008, maybe a month or so later, we will charge for downloads in the midnight to noon period that exceed the 48 gb allowance.

This, again, gives time for the heavy downloaders to adjust their habits.

As you know the 48 gb allowance is very, very generous and if people can't stay within that limit then they will either have to pay or find another service.

sunrise3500

Post by sunrise3500 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:17 pm

Thanks for clearing that up.

Moonman

Post by Moonman » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:25 pm

ForumAdmin wrote:As you know the 48 gb allowance is very, very generous and if people can't stay within that limit then they will either have to pay or find another service.
It certainly is extremely generous.

Thankyou for the clarification.

datman

Post by datman » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:40 am

With these new changes, in order to provide accurate and non-misleading information, you will have to remove the "uncounted download period" marketing terms from your pages, as now every byte is counted towards a quota, whether that be the peak or off-peak quota.

http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_inclusions.php#free

"Uncounted Downloads

From September 1st 2006, and until further notice downloads between 12 midnight and 12 noon (each day) do not count towards Exetel Residential plan's included allowance. This 'bonus' may not continue but there are currently no plans to remove it; the uncounted download period has been in place since March 1st 2004. This ‘bonus’ does not apply to Business W plans."

http://www.exetel.com.au/c_billing_faq.php#2f
http://www.exetel.com.au/c_faq.htm#2f

"# All traffic delivered to your computer between 12 midnight and 12 noon is not counted towards your download limit."

"# Exetel may at any time change or cancel the time periods during which downloads by a Customer will not be counted towards the quota for downloads under the Customer's Service plan or modify the amount of downloads permitted for a Customer so long as the Customer's Service plan is complied with. "

More can be found here:

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=site: ... n&filter=0

ForumAdmin

Post by ForumAdmin » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:05 am

datman wrote:With these new changes, in order to provide accurate and non-misleading information, you will have to remove the "uncounted download period" marketing terms from your pages, as now every byte is counted towards a quota, whether that be the peak or off-peak quota.

http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_inclusions.php#free

"Uncounted Downloads

From September 1st 2006, and until further notice downloads between 12 midnight and 12 noon (each day) do not count towards Exetel Residential plan's included allowance. This 'bonus' may not continue but there are currently no plans to remove it; the uncounted download period has been in place since March 1st 2004. This ‘bonus’ does not apply to Business W plans."

http://www.exetel.com.au/c_billing_faq.php#2f
http://www.exetel.com.au/c_faq.htm#2f

"# All traffic delivered to your computer between 12 midnight and 12 noon is not counted towards your download limit."

"# Exetel may at any time change or cancel the time periods during which downloads by a Customer will not be counted towards the quota for downloads under the Customer's Service plan or modify the amount of downloads permitted for a Customer so long as the Customer's Service plan is complied with. "

More can be found here:

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=site: ... n&filter=0
Thank you - I've asked for them to be fixed.

There's nothing I can do about the google cache of old pages.

ManUtdFans

Post by ManUtdFans » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:33 pm

Hi,

Sorry I don't remember was my plan the Powertel, it was 1 year ago when I upgrade from ADSL1 to ADSL2+.

I checked my plan details:
Plan Type: RX 2T.

My plan was $60, that is the Telstra phone rental bundle, peak download limit is 12GB.

Am I having the peak download limit increase from 12GB to 24 GB?

Thanks.

paulp
Exetel Staff

Post by paulp » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:04 am

Hi,

You can email me your phonenumber to paulp@exetel.com.au and just put this form thread and what you'd like to me investigate further and I will do this for you.

WirlWind

Post by WirlWind » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:30 pm

I have a question.

I have entered my phone number into the eligibility thingy on the order page and got the "Sorry, your ADSL2 order cannot proceed at this moment as the number you entered is not recognized as being connected to an ADSL enabled Powertel exchange." answer.

To check if it was just the page being a problem, we typed in a friends phone number who are on this exact plan, in the same exchange as us and got the same response.

We are on the Woy Woy exchange, just to clear that up.

Can we continue the application without having to get the number checked on the page?

If my friend has this, there should be no reason why we cant get it too, but that page is leaving us with more questions than answers.

CLoSeR

Post by CLoSeR » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:05 am

WirlWind wrote:I have a question.

I have entered my phone number into the eligibility thingy on the order page and got the "Sorry, your ADSL2 order cannot proceed at this moment as the number you entered is not recognized as being connected to an ADSL enabled Powertel exchange." answer.

To check if it was just the page being a problem, we typed in a friends phone number who are on this exact plan, in the same exchange as us and got the same response.

We are on the Woy Woy exchange, just to clear that up.

Can we continue the application without having to get the number checked on the page?

If my friend has this, there should be no reason why we cant get it too, but that page is leaving us with more questions than answers.
The Woy Woy exchange has been enabled by one of Exetel's wholesalers. It isnt Powertel, as you can see from the response you received.

If your friend has Exetel ADSL2+ then he/she is probably connected to one of the ADSL2+ INC PHONE plans.

Have you tried the number checker for these plans?
Need to log a fault ticket? Go here: https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au/