Dynalink RTA1046VW Wireless Not Working!

HSPA setup and configuration (for wireless networking, please use the 'Networking issue' forum)
dislocatex

Dynalink RTA1046VW Wireless Not Working!

Post by dislocatex » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Hi all.

I have a Dynalink RTA1046VW modem, connected to TPG internet.

All was working fine until one day the wireless function stopped working. The WLAN light turned off, and when i log into the modem using a browser the 'Wireless' Tab is missing!

I've rung tpg, they said to 'restart' the modem, which i did, and it didnt work. Then they said to update the firmware, so i did! still nothing! i've tried rebooting, refreshing, updating a thousand times and it still doesn't fix it!

I've tried ringing dynalink support but they make you pay $50 for one on one help!

Can anyone out there help me?

Aaron.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Dynalink RTA1046VW Wireless Not Working!

Post by Dazzled » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:17 pm

You have an ADSL modem problem in an HSPA wireless internet forum, but no matter...
I assume your computer still has working wireless, ie, it can see other transmitters, but not yours. The tab not showing in the browser suggests that the wireless modem section is dud, and the firmware (IIRC it is Montavista Linux) has failed to detect it . The Management tab has a diagnostics section, and you should run a test. The diagnostic test will probably suffice.

You can telnet into the unit, if you enable it in the modem, to get a busybox linux shell to poke around /proc in. (telnet 192.168.1.1 110). It will ask you to log in. Directory /proc contains what looks like a file collection, but is really a set of windows into the kernel)

PS Since you are brave enough to come here from TPG, you might want to look at how a DG834 looks inside, at http://www.pmx.it/DG834v2.html I really can't recommend you do any of this.