Charged for 28Gb excess, only used 4Gb excess

Note: For official invoice and billing responses use billing@exetel.com.au
BCTech

Charged for 28Gb excess, only used 4Gb excess

Post by BCTech » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:31 am

Hi,
I'm waiting on a $70+ refund for a billing mistake (billing support ticket #1429234) is there a rough turnaround time?
Paul

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Charged for 28Gb excess, only used 4Gb excess

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:31 pm

Not that I know of, but if you haven't received a reply for several days you can reply to your ticket, or email billing@exetel.com.au with the ticket number, and ask for an update

BCTech

Post by BCTech » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:07 pm

done as you suggested

BCTech

Post by BCTech » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:08 pm

I was told that Bundled B plan is 12Gb max of the combined peak and off peak meters, and $3 per Gb after that. Is that right?

sable

Post by sable » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:50 pm

Yes you get a total of $12Gb for use at any time. There is no off peak allowance.

What more do you want?

You are paying $35 per month for a 1500 connection with 12Gb. The bundled component adds a minimum of an additional $10 per month but you receive $10 worth of calls for that.

Very good value plan.

BCTech

Post by BCTech » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:19 am

Yeah it was the best thing ever for me until I had some boarders move in. I need a new plan but I want to keep my VOIP and mobile numbers. Do I request that via email with billing? Thanks.

sable

Post by sable » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:06 am

I assume you are out of contract as this is quite an old plan.

You change your plan from within your user facilities, ADSL/Change my service and select your new plan, the change will only happen as of the 1st of August if you do it now.

Send an email to voip@exetel.com.au explaining you have changed from bundled plan and want to retain both mobile and voip numbers.

Note that selecting a current plan eg TL-BA you get 100 free standard voip calls + 30 free sms + 10 free email2fax per month.

BCTech

Post by BCTech » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:27 am

I've moved to a new plan. I was under the impression the Bundled plan included unmeasured off-peak data since when I logged in to the Member Facilities, there was a peak meter for 12Gb and an off-peak meter that always stayed on 0%. Also I never saw anywhere that my download limit was COMBINED peak and offpeak, maybe this should be made more clearer. Also I cannot find anywhere the terms for the bundled plan anywhere on the Exetel website.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:18 am

BCTech wrote:Also I cannot find anywhere the terms for the bundled plan anywhere on the Exetel website.
Just to avoid confusion for readers, I assume you are talking about a grandfathered plan, one which bundled mobile and ADSL? I think there has been a previous suggestion to make historical plans and conditions viewable on a separate page but until that happens, you won't be able to find grandfathered plan terms on the Exetel website.

I do, however, recall the combined nature of plans such as these. Whereas regular plans provide two columns of quota (i.e 12GB for midday to midnight + 60GB for midnight to midday) these plans that I think you are referring to had a single column called "Download Quota" without any time intervals. Therefore there was nothing to suggestion any unmetered content; simply a flat quota allowance per month.

Edit: Have found a version of the old page: http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_bundled.php. You can see the "Downloads included" column I mentioned, without any differentiation between off-peak and peak and no mention of unmetered downloads

BCTech

Post by BCTech » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:20 am

Thanks I do remember signing up to the bundled plan and knowing I only had a 4Gb download limit, then not long after that an email came out that gave me the impression that I would have unmetered off-peak, and a second meter appeared. I can assure you there's 2 meters, I can send a screen shot.

EDIT: I just realised you were referring to columns in a plan pricing table, but I refer to the meters.

sable

Post by sable » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:05 am

There has never been an off peak component to the "Bundled" plans they were cheap plans for low download users.

You probanbly did not read the email properly.

Yes the usage table could be confusing if you did not know that the plan you signed up for at a very cheap price had no off peak, but you admit you signed up for a plan with a total of 4Gb, (although I think that plan was 12Gb) for $35 per month.

From what you are saying you only went over once. Why did you adhere to the plan up to last month?

You have made a mistake, not Exetel's fault get over it and get on with life.

You are not entitled to a refund for your error.

BCTech

Post by BCTech » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:32 am

Renting rooms out to guys sable. I'm not after a refund now, I made them pay extra for it. I'm just wondering why there's an off-peak meter on a plan that doesn't differentiate between peak and off-peak.

EDIT:
I'm not trying to make a point or convince you to refund me, I'm just surprised at how it came about. I actually tried to figure the math out at the time using various "I'm wrong" scenarios but I never tried adding the two meters together and subtracting 12Gb. That's why my post had a subject referring to a 'refund'.

I was a bit 'rattled' as I had referred other people to Exetel and even told them the bundled plan had an off-peak metering system, luckily they aren't on the plan anymore and they never used more than 12Gb. Where I went wrong was when I read the email I thought the bundled plan now included off-peak time since the off-peak meter appeared. I didn't investigate exactly what my plan would change to. I'll check more carefully in future. Thanks for everyone's time, you can close this thread if need be.

Original email:
-------------
Subject: Increase In Many ADSL1 Plan Download Allowances
Date: Mon, September 22, 2008 10:48 am
Increase In Many ADSL1 Plan Download Allowances

Exetel has modified, upwards, the peak time plan allowances for more
than half of the current ADSL1 plans.

No current or applying customer need do anything to take advantage of
these new allowances which came in to affect on September 1st 2008.

Any change to your ADSL1 plan will already be shown on your User
Facilities page and on the web site information and order forms.

Provisioning At Exetel

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:40 pm

BCTech wrote:I'm just wondering why there's an off-peak meter on a plan that doesn't differentiate between peak and off-peak.
Probably just ease of coding. That, plus the Bundled plans are grandfathered now so it might just be an oversight.

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:37 am

My guess is everybody gets the same page in the member's facility, for example I see a Voice Meter on my user facilities page but I don't have a landline with Exetel so it doesn't say I have used it.

The reason your off-peak meter always showed 0% was because you did not have off peak.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

BCTech

Post by BCTech » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:57 am

Keep in mind once again I'm not trying to refute the bill I have already paid, I'm just pointing out there may be users not quite as understanding as me.

I'm not sure if it's a recent feature but on my status page it says: "Usage Meter Server Time is 2009-07-28 11:45:26 AM. Downloads are currently being metered as offpeak usage".

I know there is time (and money) involved in coding changes but I'm just trying to say that plans with no off-peak feature should probably not show things like this on the status page. But that's just me. I honestly thought off-peak usage had been added to my account back last year based on the way the status page changed.

EDIT: again, I'm happy to leave it at that, I should be on a new plan with off-peak in a couple of days