I want more Info of my account

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
happyyan888

I want more Info of my account

Post by happyyan888 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:56 pm

Today is 09/06/2010
I wake up and turn on my PC at around 14:30
and i use PC just like everyday, and i check my "EXETEL CUSTOMER USAGE METER", Download = 1539.88 ( 17:49 09/06/2010 )
I have no idea, how can it is used that much in cup of hours ?
I just want to know, where and how can i check the quote and get more detail info?

One more thing, I downloaded something 02:05 to somewhere around 04:00.
is Exetel have different time zone with me. i am in Wollongong

James
Exetel Staff

Re: I want more Info of my account

Post by James » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:35 pm

happyyan888 wrote:Today is 09/06/2010
and i use PC just like everyday, and i check my "EXETEL CUSTOMER USAGE METER", Download = 1539.88 ( 17:49 09/06/2010 )
I just want to know, where and how can i check the quote and get more detail info?

Was another computer on?
Was your wireless network secure? Does it have a generic password?

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:38 pm

Happyyan, which meter are you using? See viewtopic.php?f=16&t=35180 If you have been using usageagent, change to the Exetel User Facility at https://www.exetel.com.au/members/home.php, else to a currently maintained application..

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:33 pm

Also, all downloads are metered in local time zones
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

happyyan888

Post by happyyan888 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:51 pm

James wrote:
happyyan888 wrote:Today is 09/06/2010

Was another computer on?
Was your wireless network secure? Does it have a generic password?
NO.
NO. NO.

happyyan888

Post by happyyan888 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:53 pm

What is want is more info of the account using
like: where the sources are used every minute

happyyan888

Post by happyyan888 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:37 pm

Dazzled wrote:Happyyan, which meter are you using? See viewtopic.php?f=16&t=35180 If you have been using usageagent, change to the Exetel User Facility at https://www.exetel.com.au/members/home.php, else to a currently maintained application..
I Readed Last 24 hour Download Chart
And i think the highest download time is in the off peak. 02:00 - 12:00

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:08 pm

OK. So what exactly is the question?

That detailed usage chart shows Exetel's record of your usage. If there is an aspect that you dispute you can email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au. Also, You are in Wollongong which is EST. This is the same as Sydney so there should be no discrepancies with times that you see appearing anywhere in the Exetel Member Facilities.

What happens is that the usage meter update at irregular time periods and records the quota downloaded since the last update. So the 03:15:33 that appears in the graph is the amount of traffic downloaded since the previous update which was probably about a hour earlier, which sounds about right for a download kicked off at 02:00.

I think you are expected WAY too much to expect a detailed usage pattern by the minute. If you want that granularity you should install bandwidth monitoring software on your computer.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

happyyan888

Post by happyyan888 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:23 am

CoreyPlover wrote:OK. So what exactly is the question?

If you look at the post above, you will find '?', and the sentence before that is question.
What happens is that the usage meter update at irregular time periods and records the quota downloaded since the last update. So the 03:15:33 that appears in the graph is the amount of traffic downloaded since the previous update which was probably about a hour earlier, which sounds about right for a download kicked off at 02:00.
If usage meter update at irregular time and the 03:15:33 may appear the record a hour earlier. So what is the point to show that chart? And you say it was probably about a hour earlier, can you prove it? I readly want to know why you know that. Thank you.
I think you are expected WAY too much to expect a detailed usage pattern by the minute. If you want that granularity you should install bandwidth monitoring software on your computer.
May be exetel cannot show the detailed usage pattern by the minute. Exetel should show what they have. They can provide a chart, why they cannot provide the data which used to create a chart?
That detailed usage chart shows Exetel's record of your usage. If there is an aspect that you dispute you can email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au. Also, You are in Wollongong which is EST. This is the same as Sydney so there should be no discrepancies with times that you see appearing anywhere in the Exetel Member Facilities.
Thank You, i will.

Thank You guys, you help me a lot.

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:20 am

Your question has already been answered: you get more detail info in your Member Facility (under the "Last 24 Hour Download Chart") and you have already found it and posted the graphs. That graph shows your downloads. It really is as simple as reading off the values from that graph (and you can see there are 4 data points between each horizontal axis label. Since the labels are about 2 hourly, the data points are spaced at about every 30 minutes, not an hour like I originally guessed)

There have been occasions when the Exetel Usage meter has glitches. But these misreadings affect many people and I haven't heard any such reports recently. Unless Exetel support identify such a glitch, the most probable explanation is that you have just underestimated your own usage and the Exetel usage meter is correct. A Youtube video can easily be 20MB in size, Windows and software updates can be several hundred MB and occur silently in the background. Even a single navigation to the home page of Yahoo7, Channel Ten, Triple J or any other ad-ridden site consumes over 1 MB.