Passing of Mr John Linton

Exetel Company Announcement
NetworkAdmin

Passing of Mr John Linton

Post by NetworkAdmin » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:59 am

It is with deep sadness that I inform you of the passing of John Linton, Exetel's CEO and Co-Founder. John suffered a stroke on Wednesday afternoon, February 1, and was taken to hospital, but did not recover. His family were with him before he passed away.

All of us in the Exetel extended family are saddened by the loss. Please join us in sending the Linton family our most sincere condolences.

In lieu of flowers or cards, the Linton family would appreciate your donation to a conservation project, which were very close to John's heart.

http://www.exetel.com.au/fauna_feat/

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Passing of Mr John Linton

Post by Gidget » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:14 am

My deepest condolences to Annette, James and all the Linton family, and to you Steve. John made a real difference to so many lives and to the flora and fauna of the country he loved so much and will be greatly missed. Rest in peace, John.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

felix

Post by felix » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:11 pm

In all my personal and business dealings with John, I found him to be someone with an acerbic wit, who loved his family, cared for his employees and was honest and principled. I hope the Linton family and Exetel employees can take solace in the fact that he will be remembered well.

autron

Post by autron » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:59 pm

My condolences to his family and friends. I didn't know him personally, but his contributions here made me feel like I did. There are not too many business people that impress me like that. He will be sorely missed.

gstark

Post by gstark » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:05 pm

I was shocked when I heard this news.

My condolences to john's family, and to his extended family here at Exetel.

Be strong; our thoughts are with all of you.

Munka

Post by Munka » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:23 pm

My heart goes out to Annette and the Linton family.
My sincere condolences to Steve and all of the Exetel team.

Rest in Peace John Linton.
Munka

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:25 pm

so shocked to read this, don't really know what to say but glad I had the chance to meet John quite few times and know what he was really like, a really likeable person that I'm sure will be missed by so many

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:05 pm

John was a passionate and generous man, and my sympathy goes out to Annette and to his family.

His willingness to get involved with his customers was unmatched in the industry. I know some unimportant retired folk who were astonished to find him personally pulling strings to sort out their problems.

Only a while ago we were swapping trivial stories about computing in the 60s, and half remembered schoolboy Latin. He was being as determined as you might imagine. He was unique. He will certainly be missed. Lux perpetua luceat ei.

Mixer

Post by Mixer » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:30 pm

I did not know him, but felt that I did. A unique individual who reached out and helped.
He has made a difference.
My thoughts to his family and friends.
Ian
RAND-NF/20INCTEL-Draytek 2710vn

Les

Post by Les » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:37 pm

Hi,

My sincere condolences to Annette and family, Steve and family and to the Exetel family.

John will be surely missed.

R.I.P. John.

Les

bodogbodog

Post by bodogbodog » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:31 pm

RIP John
It was an honour to have met you

thecraw

Post by thecraw » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:46 pm

Never got to meet you but there was a reason I followed you and Steve from the early days till now.

RIP, you will be missed. :cry:

Yoshi_900

Post by Yoshi_900 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:23 pm

RIP John

My sincere condolences to Annette and family, Steve and family and to the Exetel family.

i have been with exetel for 7 years and i think that with John creating exetel and how it is run has changed how Australian ISP's are today.

reallysuperman

Post by reallysuperman » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:47 am

John Linton helped many people in his life both in an out of Exetel.

It is because of John that I have the determination to achieve great things in this world.

I first met John when I started working for Exetel, I spent 4 years working for him and with him to achieve various results and some truly great things. I look back at the days when I worked for Exetel and to this day I ask myself why I left BUT it was John that instilled the work ethic I have today and for this I will be eternally grateful.

To me he was an industry giant, proud father (always talking about his kids and what they have achieved, he would light up when talking about his family, during our chats), and a outstanding boss to have.

He changed the industry for the better and I think he will always be remembered for his "outspokenness" on issues he was passionate about.

Exetel will forge ahead and I have no doubt that everyone that is still at Exetel will continue his legacy!

We will all miss him in some ways, be it his daily blogs, him walking around the office at North Sydney or even in the media.

Condolences to Annette and James and the whole Linton Family.

James D

LarryK

Post by LarryK » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:05 am

You're amongst heavenly angels now John, Rest in Peace.