Cancelling my Mobile Service

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
ErocK

Cancelling my Mobile Service

Post by ErocK » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:45 am

Unfortunately my data usage has increased and the current exetel residential mobile plans are unable to compete with other resellers so I am looking to terminate my contract. My question is, I am already 18mb over my 200mb monthly limit and there's still a week left in the month. For example if I set the termination date as today, will my monthly quota be pro-rata'd? and in effect will my MB exceeding increase in direct proportion?

nicoler
Exetel Staff

Re: Cancelling my Mobile Service

Post by nicoler » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:17 am

ErocK wrote:Unfortunately my data usage has increased and the current exetel residential mobile plans are unable to compete with other resellers so I am looking to terminate my contract. My question is, I am already 18mb over my 200mb monthly limit and there's still a week left in the month. For example if I set the termination date as today, will my monthly quota be pro-rata'd? and in effect will my MB exceeding increase in direct proportion?
Kindly PM your service number in order to assist you further.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:50 am

ErocK wrote:Unfortunately my data usage has increased and the current exetel residential mobile plans are unable to compete with other resellers so I am looking to terminate my contract. My question is, I am already 18mb over my 200mb monthly limit and there's still a week left in the month. For example if I set the termination date as today, will my monthly quota be pro-rata'd? and in effect will my MB exceeding increase in direct proportion?
Your month won't be pro-rated, we have already billed you for the current month.

ErocK

Post by ErocK » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:16 am

Just activated my new sim card and currently in the process of porting the number across. If it doesn't port over by the end of today, what would happen for the month of February in terms of billing?

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:06 am

ErocK wrote:Just activated my new sim card and currently in the process of porting the number across. If it doesn't port over by the end of today, what would happen for the month of February in terms of billing?
You would be billed.

ErocK

Post by ErocK » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:27 am

Looks like the reason it hasn't ported over was because the ownership of the account is still in my mothers name. I had a look in the member facilities but couldn't find a way to do so. Would an admin be able to help me facilitate this change?

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:55 am

ErocK wrote:Looks like the reason it hasn't ported over was because the ownership of the account is still in my mothers name. I had a look in the member facilities but couldn't find a way to do so. Would an admin be able to help me facilitate this change?
You would need to email our billing team.

ErocK

Post by ErocK » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:08 am

Is my "account number" the same as the customer number on our invoices?

Bellag
Exetel Staff

Post by Bellag » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:17 am

The mobile account number is different to the customer ID on your invoice. To obtain the account number you may call our provisioning team on 02 8030 1000, option 3 or you can send the request through to provisioning@exetel.com.au.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:10 am

ErocK wrote:Is my "account number" the same as the customer number on our invoices?
Please call billing or provisioning.