New website glitches

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Exetel's public web site
Ziege Mitfahrer

New website glitches

Post by Ziege Mitfahrer » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:02 am

Hey Exetel,
There's heaps of your new site which I can't read or access.
It won't fit on my monitor and I can't scroll across to it. I can't even CTRL/MouseWheel.
I'm viewing it at 1280x1024 on Firefox.
People with smaller monitors won't even see your "Old website" link.
Please sack the designer.
Last edited by Ziege Mitfahrer on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

thejeg

Re: New website glitches

Post by thejeg » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:10 am

Ziege Mitfahrer wrote:Hey Exetel,
There's heaps of your new site which I can't read or access.
It won't fit on my monitor and I can't scroll across to it. I can't even CTRL/ScollWheel.
I'm viewing it at 1280x1024.
People with smaller monitors won't even see your "Old website" link.
Please sack the designer.
Hi Ziege Mitfahrer,

Thank you for your feedback.

Would you mind lowering your resolution and see if that helps?

Anyway, I have channeled your comments directly to our developer team.

We will be looking at the screen resolution and format for the mobile devices, smart phones, tablets and other devices as our next step.

Regards,
Tj

IanS

Post by IanS » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:11 am

Can view user facility - once I logon I get message "Redirecting to user facility" followed by "["op",0.27,1.53,20]" on a blank page

OS - Win7 Pro SP1
Browser - IE11

Even tried the link "Take me to the website", which takes me to the old website main screen, but logging on to the user facilities yields the same error

Ziege Mitfahrer

Post by Ziege Mitfahrer » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:42 am

Lowering resolution makes no difference. 1024x768 and 800x600 are identical.
Using Firefox.

IanS,
I got back to ye olde website, but I'm not certain how.
Try logging on THEN clicking the link which you can't see.

Ziege Mitfahrer

Post by Ziege Mitfahrer » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:48 am

thejeg wrote: We will be looking at the screen resolution and format for the mobile devices, smart phones, tablets and other devices as our next step.
I appreciate your effort to accomodate mobile users, but please don't go down the path of Windows 8 and dumb-down everyone elses experience.

thejeg

Post by thejeg » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:51 pm

IanS wrote:Can view user facility - once I logon I get message "Redirecting to user facility" followed by "["op",0.27,1.53,20]" on a blank page

OS - Win7 Pro SP1
Browser - IE11

Even tried the link "Take me to the website", which takes me to the old website main screen, but logging on to the user facilities yields the same error
There was an intermediate page for redirection in the login process.

Now, our developers have added the message “Redirecting to Members Facility...” Without displaying just a blank page.

Thank You for bringing this to our attention!

IanS

Post by IanS » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:38 pm

thejeg wrote:There was an intermediate page for redirection in the login process.

Now, our developers have added the message “Redirecting to Members Facility...” Without displaying just a blank page.

Thanks thejeg, I can logon now for ADSL accounts, but mobile phone/broadband accounts get a message "No messages." & the blank screen

Looks good, uncluttered & easy to read. Took a couple of minutes looking around to find where all the different sections that I use, are located.

One thing I noticed was the ADSL usage meter on the dashboard shows a total of up/download usage, which may confuse some users. Initially I looked at it and said "surely I haven't used 29.36GB", but on checking the usage in the "Services & Usage" screen, I've used 21.8 d/load & 8.18 u/load.
Maybe add a disclaimer stating "total usage (up & downloads counted)" or make the graph only show chargeable usage

IanS
Last edited by IanS on Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IanS

Post by IanS » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:41 pm

Also, will there be a link to the "help desk" for fault logging/tracking?

thejeg

Post by thejeg » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:00 pm

IanS wrote:
thejeg wrote:There was an intermediate page for redirection in the login process.

Thanks thejeg, I can logon now for ADSL accounts, but mobile phone/broadband accounts get a message "No messages." & the blank screen

Looks good, uncluttered & easy to read. Took a couple of minutes looking around to find where all the different sections that I use, are located.

One thing I noticed was the ADSL usage meter on the dashboard shows a total of up/download usage, which may confuse some users. Initially I looked at it and said "surely I haven't used 29.36GB", but on checking the usage in the "Services & Usage" screen, I've used 21.8 d/load & 8.18 u/load.
Maybe add a disclaimer stating "total usage (up & downloads counted)" or make the graph only show chargeable usage

IanS
IanS wrote:Also, will there be a link to the "help desk" for fault logging/tracking?
I have alerted the Developer team and they are working on this as we speak........ Thank you for bring this up to our notice.....!

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:30 pm

I knew a new layout was coming, but oh dear!

Unprofessional. Why fill the page with rubbish banners like "Awesome"?

The coding has too many errors - please use a validator. The only way I can fit it on screen is to make the text unreadable. We don't all have teenage eyesight.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:42 pm

And please sort out the members' area -- I have been unable to login on a collection of browsers - either the boxes don't display, or won't accept typing, or when that gets through, fail on the certificate or SSL.

thejeg

Post by thejeg » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:09 pm

Dazzled wrote:I knew a new layout was coming, but oh dear!

Unprofessional. Why fill the page with rubbish banners like "Awesome"?

The coding has too many errors - please use a validator. The only way I can fit it on screen is to make the text unreadable. We don't all have teenage eyesight.
Dazzled wrote:And please sort out the members' area -- I have been unable to login on a collection of browsers - either the boxes don't display, or won't accept typing, or when that gets through, fail on the certificate or SSL.
Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your valuable input and I'm sure you will agree that it takes a bit of time to fine tune the website to make it perfect.

I have forwarded your suggestions / comments to our developer team and they will work on a fix ASAP.

Thank you for your continuous support throughout the years.

Kind Regards,
Tj

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:51 pm

Dazzled wrote:And please sort out the members' area -- I have been unable to login on a collection of browsers - either the boxes don't display, or won't accept typing, or when that gets through, fail on the certificate or SSL.
What OS, and browser are you using?

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:45 pm

Linux, James.

Looking at my preferred browser:
Opera (11 and 12) will not accept any typing, but accepts the wand- it diverts to https://www.exetel.com.au/myexetel/login which will not accept a login but reloads itself.

Alternate browser
FF accepts remembered login data, but then produces a blank page.

Others:
Konqueror (on the K desktop) web pages work, but pressing the login button gets a certificate error-
"The issuer certificate of a locally looked up certificate could not be found. The root CA certificate is not trusted for this purpose". If the error is accepted the site drops out immediately.

Epiphany (Gnome) boxes cannot be typed into, and this browser has no login memory function, so that's the end of the road.

I have others but as these are rarely used I haven't tested them today.

Ziege Mitfahrer

Post by Ziege Mitfahrer » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:03 am

I had a great reply typed in, but it timed out and I lost it all.
Bugger.