Usage meter shows "total usage" as May usage

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
Mort

Usage meter shows "total usage" as May usage

Post by Mort » Sun May 01, 2016 10:59 am

Greetings,

My usage meter is showing the "Total" amount from the table in the usage graph as "May"

i.e. Usage Table showing from 14-April to 1-May with a total of 235,979MB for that period
1-May usage is 1,112MB

In the usage graph at the top it has 2016-May showing what looks like the "Total" amount for the graph period instead.

Downloading 235GB of data on the first day of the month would have been pretty impressive though!
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

Kumudh

Re: Usage meter shows "total usage" as May usage

Post by Kumudh » Sun May 01, 2016 5:11 pm

Mort wrote:Greetings,

My usage meter is showing the "Total" amount from the table in the usage graph as "May"

i.e. Usage Table showing from 14-April to 1-May with a total of 235,979MB for that period
1-May usage is 1,112MB

In the usage graph at the top it has 2016-May showing what looks like the "Total" amount for the graph period instead.

Downloading 235GB of data on the first day of the month would have been pretty impressive though!
Hi Mort,

This is because of how the usage cycle is calculated.

Usage cycle is from 14th of one month to the 13th of the next.

This reflects on the graph as well.

I.e. Usage of May is from 14th of April to 13th of May.

Mort

Re: Usage meter shows "total usage" as May usage

Post by Mort » Sun May 01, 2016 6:04 pm

ah right. Thanks for that. I hadn't realised it was doing that, but I guess it makes sense.
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.