Account suspended

Mobile phone plans, SIM card activation and porting issue
raknal

Account suspended

Post by raknal » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:37 pm

Exetel suspended my mobile account due to a call costing $426.80 which I dispute as i did not make the call. I have requested they review this call charge without success.
The call was commenced at 11.07PM to a doctors surgery number I have discovered. The call ended 6 Hours 28 minutes later at approx. 5.35AM the next day.
The doctors surgery number was an answering machine. GO figure????
I was asleep when the call allegedly commenced,
I received an sms from exetel at 2.34AM that morning stating the issue of "spend management threshold overspend" which when I checked it the iphone did not show a call in progress.
I am unable to make calls on my iphone and Exetel have not responded to my request to review this decision.
I have been a client of Exetel in excess of 10 years and have currently NBN, VOIP and 2 mobiles bundled.
I have advised I am happy for the iphone to undergo any forensic test to prove I did not make this call.
Exetel have not responded, so I continue without a mobile phone plan unless I pay the overspend of $426.80
Next port of call Communications Industry Ombudsman.
very disappointing after my loyalty to this ISP

Richard Mawkes

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Account suspended

Post by KavindaS » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:13 pm

raknal wrote:Exetel suspended my mobile account due to a call costing $426.80 which I dispute as i did not make the call. I have requested they review this call charge without success.
The call was commenced at 11.07PM to a doctors surgery number I have discovered. The call ended 6 Hours 28 minutes later at approx. 5.35AM the next day.
The doctors surgery number was an answering machine. GO figure????
I was asleep when the call allegedly commenced,
I received an sms from exetel at 2.34AM that morning stating the issue of "spend management threshold overspend" which when I checked it the iphone did not show a call in progress.
I am unable to make calls on my iphone and Exetel have not responded to my request to review this decision.
I have been a client of Exetel in excess of 10 years and have currently NBN, VOIP and 2 mobiles bundled.
I have advised I am happy for the iphone to undergo any forensic test to prove I did not make this call.
Exetel have not responded, so I continue without a mobile phone plan unless I pay the overspend of $426.80
Next port of call Communications Industry Ombudsman.
very disappointing after my loyalty to this ISP

Richard Mawkes
Hi Richard,

This is not good to hear and I can confirm to you that we could come up with a reasonable solution on this. This billing matter is already informed and our billing department has received the email you have sent and they will update you ASAP. Reference numbers are 11013184 & 11013351

raknal

Post by raknal » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:08 pm

I would like to thank Exetel for waiving the call charge as discussed above, whilst we both dispute the call, I am thankful for their proactive stance on this occasion

Richard Mawkes

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:18 am

raknal wrote:I would like to thank Exetel for waiving the call charge as discussed above, whilst we both dispute the call, I am thankful for their proactive stance on this occasion

Richard Mawkes
Hi Richard,
Thank you and we value your feedback :)